Questions about Thrigmopoeus truculentus - Lesser Goa Mustard

Icculus

Arachnosquire
Hello all. I may not have searched the forums hard enough but I'm having trouble finding any information about this species. I was wondering if anyone keeping these could tell me about their basic husbandry, temperament, venom potency, and what experience level you considered these species to be. We currently own 4 New World t's and although I've learned a lot through constantly lurking these forums I would put my experience level at beginner. As a side note I've been staying away from old Worlds because I don't want anything that could put one of my children in the hospital should a freak accident occur but this species has peaked my interest. thanks in advance for the help.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Hello all. I may not have searched the forums hard enough but I'm having trouble finding any information about this species. I was wondering if anyone keeping these could tell me about their basic husbandry, temperament, venom potency, and what experience level you considered these species to be. We currently own 4 New World t's and although I've learned a lot through constantly lurking these forums I would put my experience level at beginner. As a side note I've been staying away from old Worlds because I don't want anything that could put one of my children in the hospital should a freak accident occur but this species has peaked my interest. thanks in advance for the help.
Just poking my head in here because I'm also interested. My LPS has one for sale at what I believe to be a good price.

From my understanding, they need high temps and lots of substrate (at least 6") because they're burrowers. They'd be described as pet holes and are supposedly on the defensive side. They're good webbers and are very quick. As long as you give them plenty of sub they will stay buried for the most part.

Icculus

Arachnosquire
Just poking my head in here because I'm also interested. My LPS has one for sale at what I believe to be a good price.
You must be talking about jabberwok reptiles . that's what promoted my post. It's about an hour away for me so I've only been once. great store. been dying to get back there for one of the Holothele incei "Gold" - Trinidad Olive Gold Form that he has in stock.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
You must be talking about jabberwok reptiles . that's what promoted my post. It's about an hour away for me so I've only been once. great store. been dying to get back there for one of the Holothele incei "Gold" - Trinidad Olive Gold Form that he has in stock.
Yes! It's a great shop, everyone there is very kind and knowledgeable. I'm about the same distance away so I don't get to go often - but I've had my eye on that N. incei (Holothele is now Neoholothele) as well ;)

Icculus

Arachnosquire
Yes! It's a great shop, everyone there is very kind and knowledgeable. I'm about the same distance away so I don't get to go often - but I've had my eye on that N. incei (Holothele is now Neoholothele) as well ;)
There aare two of them so we can share. otherwise I'm dropping what im doing and heading there now:)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
From my understanding, they need high temps and lots of substrate (at least 6") because they're burrowers. They'd be described as pet holes and are supposedly on the defensive side. They're good webbers and are very quick. As long as you give them plenty of sub they will stay buried for the most part.
I don't own one of these so this is all based off what I've found on them.

Everything I've read shows them as obligate burrowers. So they need a lot of substrate for burrowing and a 70-80F range for temps. They are very defensive and being OW Ts their venom is likely a lot stronger than anything else you've kept. They look like pet holes that once you get them settled, so you wont see very often. Once settled, if give plenty of substrate for a burrow, they should be easy to do basic maintenance with as long as you let them retreat to their hides before doing the heavier stuff. The big considerations will come in when rehousing them as you'll likely have to dig them up. So if you get one consider what you'll do in time when it needs it's new home (assuming it's not an adult already) or needs the ones it's in changed.

Icculus

Arachnosquire
I don't own one of these so this is all based off what I've found on them.

Everything I've read shows them as obligate burrowers. So they need a lot of substrate for burrowing and a 70-80F range for temps. They are very defensive and being OW Ts their venom is likely a lot stronger than anything else you've kept. They look like pet holes that once you get them settled, so you wont see very often. Once settled, if give plenty of substrate for a burrow, they should be easy to do basic maintenance with as long as you let them retreat to their hides before doing the heavier stuff. The big considerations will come in when rehousing them as you'll likely have to dig them up. So if you get one consider what you'll do in time when it needs it's new home (assuming it's not an adult already) or needs the ones it's in changed.
Thanks. that's pretty much what I was expecting. think I stick to my nice docile nw for now

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I've hear they're pretty much Chilbrachys, pretty much identical. I've seen videos on YouTube of people keeping them more like Haplopelma a though. Moist deep sub, anchor points, water dish, expect speed, defensiveness, and venom. Pretty much like a Chilo.