Questions about my tarantulas white spot

batvenom112

Arachnopeon
I’ve had my first ever tarantula for about a month and it has eaten 4 times ( meal worms and crickets) and I think it loves its enclosure, but I can’t seem to find answers to the spot on its abdomen. It’s white and I know it fully turns black and shiny when it’s in premolt( last phase) but the abdomen is partly black and white and I have no idea what it means. Of course I’m new and I don’t know if is a bad or good sign and I’ve been curious to find the answer. Also I have no idea what the species is because my brother got it from a pet store and they included no information. If anyone knows the species I would appreciate it a lot. Oh and also carapace to abdomen it’s about an inch.
Thanks in advance E83FDE4A-0CEB-4B00-975C-52899147F056.jpeg FD40755D-83A8-4512-819B-DC49352AE9E3.jpeg sorry if the pictures a little blurry.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
it has a bald patch from throwing hairs. Nothing to worry about. When it goes from that peachy color to dark grey, your T will be getting ready to molt. As of right now, your T is fine.
I am assuming it is some form of Brachypelma

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Not really sure what white spot you are talking about, T looks normal and healthy to me, also looks like a Aphonopelma chalcodes or some kind of Brachypelma species if I had to take a guess. It's abdomen looks a little bald, these animals will kick their hairs when they feel threatened, which is why it's bald right now, they will regrow with the next molt though. Perhaps post pictures of the whole enclosure for any extra advice, but from what I see, your new T is fine. Have fun!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
looks good. It looks like your surface substrate is stringier than the stuff underneath, is that just an illusion?

batvenom112

Arachnopeon
Yeah I have no idea what happened, I use thrive coco bedding. Is that a problem for my T? Should I change it or move it around?

batvenom112

Arachnopeon
Lmao, you’re asking the wrong person. I tried doing research and I think it is in the brachypelma genus but I just have no idea and thanks for your help. You definitely took some pressure off me.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
by how it looks now I am guessing it is a B emilia. They are great Ts and if it is a 'she' you will have her for decades

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve had my first ever tarantula for about a month and it has eaten 4 times ( meal worms and crickets) and I think it loves its enclosure, but I can’t seem to find answers to the spot on its abdomen. It’s white and I know it fully turns black and shiny when it’s in premolt( last phase) but the abdomen is partly black and white and I have no idea what it means. Of course I’m new and I don’t know if is a bad or good sign and I’ve been curious to find the answer. Also I have no idea what the species is because my brother got it from a pet store and they included no information. If anyone knows the species I would appreciate it a lot. Oh and also carapace to abdomen it’s about an inch.
Thanks in advance View attachment 372990 View attachment 372991 sorry if the pictures a little blurry.
normal- read up more about your T here at AB- this question is asked too much