Questions about A. geniculata

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hello everyone. Just want to preface these questions with I realize different factors play into this, but roughly how old do you guys suppose a 3inch female A. geniculata could be? Also, I'm read plenty of different material about growth rate and longevity. From firsthand keepers here, what's your experience? Thanks, Wes.

Emi248

Arachnoknight
Its very hard to estimate age with size, some specimens grow faster and bigger than others, I would say about 2 years

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
My guess is at most 2 years if you get it from a vendor. Acanthoscurria geniculata is among my favorite theraphosid species. They are fast growers and eat well. Growth rates tend to slow down as they reach around 3". I've had four A. geniculata specimens in the past that grew from 1/2" to 4" in just over a year under a feeding schedule of taking as much prey as they can once per week. I recommend Acanthoscurria geniculata to every keeper, new or experienced.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Hello everyone. Just want to preface these questions with I realize different factors play into this, but roughly how old do you guys suppose a 3inch female A. geniculata could be? Also, I'm read plenty of different material about growth rate and longevity. From firsthand keepers here, what's your experience? Thanks, Wes.
Impossible to know unless you incubated the eggsac from the female and raised it from that.

Growth rates vary, you can have 2 T's from the same eggsac and one could grow faster than the other.

Unless you have contact with the breeder there's literally no way to know exactly.