Questionable White stuff at Tarantula fangs

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
So my I fed my B Smithi a medium dubia roach about 4-5 hours ago. I came back and checked if he finished his meal. There seems to be this white ball of white, he's munching on. Is this the aftermath of the tarantula venom on prey? This is his first dubia, coming from crickets so it's taking more time for him to digest this.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Perfectly normal. What you see are the remains of the dubia being collected in a ball of waste, called bolus. It's just making sure it has all the nutrition out if the dubua before disposing of it.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Its just indigestible material leftover from the Dubia, however I would add a good amount more substrate in that enclosure to minimize the distance from the top to the floor to prevent your specimen from falling should it decide to scale the glass.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
No need to worry like others have said it is taking out the trash. :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So my I fed my B Smithi a medium dubia roach about 4-5 hours ago. I came back and checked if he finished his meal. There seems to be this white ball of white, he's munching on. Is this the aftermath of the tarantula venom on prey? This is his first dubia, coming from crickets so it's taking more time for him to digest this.
They make a bolus w/crickets too, not just roaches.