question

jb62

Arachnosquire
Hi.

What could or would make a T's leg dry up and fall off..
Say it's already molted and the t was in a soaking tank..
Or it was very cold and wet..

Just thoughts of what could or would make this happen.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
what is a soaking tank? and if its what it sounds like why was there a tarantula in it? Cold would effect the t as a whole.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Yea, cold is NOT what you want for a T man... Who knows though, maybe they lost circulation do to cold temps and it self amputated. That's my only guess thus far.

What kind of T is it and do you even know how to properly care for it?

jb62

Arachnosquire
he is a male pzb that was lent out on a breeding loan.
I got him back in a soaking wet tank and it was early hours of the morning by the time I got home and because it was so later the place I picked him up at was very cold..

Yes I know how to look after them I have two other t's and always make sure all is good and that's why as soon as I could I replaced every thing in the pzb's tank .. substrat , water dish , cork hide.
I'm just shocked that some one could leave some ones t in such a mess and not respect it.

Spidergirl67

Arachnopeon
For starters I wouldn't ever loan him out to that place again, you're lucky you didn't lose him. That's awful, and to think these people breed them...

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
That is complete crap! Sorry for the previous message :eek: thought you were the one keeping it in these conditions... I would never loan to them again and if they sell on here, please let us know so we know who to stay away from. Those are WORSE conditions than any Petco/Petsmart I've ever seen!!! :evil: I better not run into someone that has such a lack of responsibility for there pets or they'll wish they'd never been born {D Just makes me mad to hear these stories.

jb62

Arachnosquire
I've been told the tank was made wet to force the t to make a sparm web?
No idea if this is for all new world t's ?.
And that the leg might of got hurt when with the female..
But can't work out to why it had dried up and it's off from the body not lower down..
He won't be breeding any more as I don't think he would move fast enough now..
The people are in the uk as I am..