Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
do avic avic males have ''hooks'' or tibial spurs???, thanks--Jeff

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

hmmm, intresting is there a way to tell if a t is mature by size or another means, the avic i have is 5 inches, fat, and stocky was sold to me by a guy as a male, but it was the first t he ever sexed and the 3rd one he owned in his life, i have looked like 10 times found no hooks?funny thing is i never seen a t so docile i held it in my hand when i looked for hooks and even lifted its legs with my finger, crazy---Jeff

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Well, if there's no hooks, it's either a female or an immature male. Without a molt, it's hard to be sure. Unless you can check for epiandrous fusillae. These are the special spinneretts that the males will, when they're mature, use to create their sperm web. They can be found slightly up from, and centered between the first pair of booklungs.

Scott

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

thanks scott i did'nt know that, i'll take a look and see if i find any, thanks again--Jeff

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

It is my experience that avics usually arent that docile. Yours may be an exception, but i would take care not to injure it lest it be sick or in pre-molt.

-v

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

i'll keep that in mind vayuson, but well it did eat a lobster roach almost 2 hours after i put it in its new home and began making some webbing, hmmm, thanks--Jeff