Question on online sellers...

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I made a $100 dollar deal with an online seller on some sale boards. I have been told multiple times that he was shipping out. This problem has gone on for over a month now, and I have not heard from the seller in a week. At last contact he said he'd pack and ship out, but I haven't heard anything from him since (no tracking number or anything).

Anyways, I've done a few deals before with the same dealer and am just wondering what common or expected etiquette should be in this hobby for a situation like this (many promises to ship over a months time)? I just want my spiders. :) If you guys wouldn't mind sharing your' advice (I like the seller as a person...he's really cool) I would appreciate it.

I know this seller has had some rough times, but multiple promises to ship and having to wait over a month with no word on anything (plus my missing money) I think is a practice that could use some improvement.

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have only had 1 problem with a hobbyist (not dealer) where I made a trade and sent six slings for one T. He got the slings, and then dragged his heals for almost two months before I called him on it on another board, and bascially shamed him into giving me my T.

Don't sit idle while he drags his feet. Call him out on it, if not, maybe he'll burn someone else. Not to say you won't get your T's but, there is no good excuse for you to be waiting this long for your T's.

I sell a T, its out that week, no ifs and about it.

PIG-

jeryst

Arachnopeon
If you have been patient (Which it appears you have been), and the seller is stalling, do not hesitate to post about it. This has many benefits, including....

1. If the seller sees it, he may get his act together and ship the items, out of shame, or fear of potential loss of future business.
2. Others can be alerted to not buy from this seller until the matter is settled.

It is very important that you let other board members know that there may be a problem with a seller.

Sometimes people just have problems or get behind. Sometimes things just happen. Sometimes buyers expect to receive things in an unrealistic amount of time. But there is no harm in posting your side of the story, as long as you do it without any flaming, name calling, etc. Be courteous and professional, and just state what happened in as much detail as you can. Then wait to see if the seller either ships or responds. If the seller ships, make sure you update your post to tell everyone that. If the seller doesnt ship or respond, then others will know to stay away from him, and it wont be so easy for him to burn others.

If you dont get any satisfaction, start steps to get your money back. If payment was by Paypal or a credit card, you have some protections. If you sent a postal money order, the post office will get involved because it is considered mail fraud. Sometimes you wont get your money back, but then, its just the cost of experience.

Last edited:

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You have been pretty patient. The dealer in my transcations were always available to ship next day. You really shouldn't have to wait that long for something you paid for unless you have scheduling problems with the delivery time.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Get your money back from the shmuck! You paid they ship that's how it works.If the guy rips you off smear him in every forum you can find. As a customer you have to be able to have a level of trust in who ever it is your doing business with.If that individual takes advantage of you that affect the whole of the hobby,and his name should be drug through the mud to insure this doesn't happen to someone else.Its you civic duty!

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great news...finally got in touch with the seller and he shipped off today. Thanks for the advice guys!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Great news...finally got in touch with the seller and he shipped off today. Thanks for the advice guys!
Lets hope he actually did ship them. Personaly i would request my money back. A seller with poor communication that drags his feet doesnt deserve your business. Just my 2 cents. Good luck i hope you get your specimens in good health and maybe a few extra.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
He better include like a free P. Metallica sling for being so freaking late! I'd be tearing him a new one! If he didn't get them sent, post his name so we can all flame him and possibly his number so we can all rip him a new one... Just my opinion I guess...

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I figure enough time has passed to share the whole story and let you guys know what went on ( I finally got a spider...not what I paid for, but I got a package)

Here's my review at the bottom, in case you wondered the details.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=171164&page=2&highlight=Sharpfang

Was I inappropriate of my review given the circumstances? I feel like I'm cutting a friends legs, but communication is very important to me (as well as getting what you were told you'd get)

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You did the right thing IMHO..If life is "hectic" then you should be focused on other things,not selling t's at the moment....( shrugs and runs like heck from this thread)

Last edited:

brachybaum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Honestly, if someone purchased from me and I treated them like Jason treated you...I would expect a review like yours:clap:. I thought it was very well thought out and very professional, also imo you did the right thing.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Now I'm worried, since I was supposed to receive a package from him today and haven't.... He does seem to be very preoccupied lately... Sigh.

You did the right thing.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys. I really like Jason and I HOPE to get my care package. And I'm DEFINITELY not out to bad mouth anybody, but this deal went tremendously wrong and I think people should know about it so they can weigh what they are getting into.

Alex G

Arachnopeon
You may also want to post your experience, along with emails exchanged, on FaunaClassified's BOI as it will see more views by a wider range of hobbyists. I don't know this person but people in the herp/invert hobbies are rare if they keep and sell just one kind of animal, you may help other invert hobbyists and possibly herp hobbyists avoid your experience.

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Two thumbs up!

Same thing happened to me. Review was totally fitting!

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wanted to let everybody know that the seller really came through. He finally gave me a call and we discussed what has happened. I was obviously upset with the delay and communication on the deal and he was dissapointed with the review.

Anyways, he shipped out and I am MORE than ECSTATIC with what he sent me. The seller may have room to improve on his communication, but I imagine it's hard to find a better person to send slings.

For the $20 more he asked for the "pokie care package," as well as making up for the situation I'm sure, I recieved a P ornata, P tigrinweselli (need to find spelling I'm sure), a GBB, and a Singapore Blue (Need to reference latin name...sorry)

After finally discussing my grievance the seller really made up for the deal that could have gone better. Just wanted to say that.