Question on Interesting centipedes?

WilliamH2529

Arachnopeon
Hello all, I’m here to ask if anyone has recommendations for an active centipede that will be fun to watch, I currently only have a rhysida longipes, which is admittedly rarely seen, I’d like to make a fun naturalistic environment for a Pede in say a 5 gallon sized tank but would like some recommendations for one that might use it more as my rhysida is both dwarfed by his tank and rarely uses it to be honest.

as well this may be harder as I rarely see it but if You have any species recommendations I’d prefer once I could possibly obtain captive bred babies of.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
my friend who loves centipedes said Scolopendra polymorpha with thin substrate, they will hang out more often
and that if you feed them smaller prey more often its better than a big meal less often

jhjhj

Arachnopeon
If you want an active centipede, you can't really go wrong with scutigera.

Venom100

Arachnosquire
my friend who loves centipedes said Scolopendra polymorpha with thin substrate, they will hang out more often
and that if you feed them smaller prey more often its better than a big meal less often
I second this, my polymorpha were a bit active. Until I added more substrate then only seen when rehousing 🥺

Hello all, I’m here to ask if anyone has recommendations for an active centipede that will be fun to watch, I currently only have a rhysida longipes, which is admittedly rarely seen, I’d like to make a fun naturalistic environment for a Pede in say a 5 gallon sized tank but would like some recommendations for one that might use it more as my rhysida is both dwarfed by his tank and rarely uses it to be honest.

as well this may be harder as I rarely see it but if You have any species recommendations I’d prefer once I could possibly obtain captive bred babies of.
most are active at night when looking for food. Get an infrared light 💡 and watch the hunt.