Question on baby king baboon

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a small king baboon about a 1 inch to maybe 1 1/2 he/she dug a tunnel and closed the entrance and has been that way for about maybe 2 weeks or so and im kinda worried on how im gonna feed he/she ? should i stop freaking out ? is it normal ?:?

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
molting. will come out when ready. Have cirx and water readily avalible

ThatGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sweet thank u very much i will do that. i was kinda freakin out

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
molting. will come out when ready. Have cirx and water readily avalible
Make sure you dont put any crickets in until the molt is complete...This means the extoskeleton is completely off and the teeth are black not white...what size is your tarantula?? the bigger the tarantula the longer it will take to molt.

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he said about 1". At one inch i would say in about 4-7 days after the molt will be fine to feed again no problem. Also these can burrow, shut up and not molt still. If more than 2 weeks go by without any change i would start trying to put the small prey in and see if it dissappears.

make sure there is still water available even while it molts, i would mist every couple of days so it can stay hydrated by drinking the substrates moisture or the droplets on the side of the container

Redip Spider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You better get used to that kind of behavior. It's pretty much the norm for them. I have one probably double that size, and what I ended up doing was putting it in a clear quart jar. I covered part of the jar with paper to keep it dark and can just slide it off when I want to look in.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After everytime I receive another crawshayi, they seem to make a deep burrow, get situated, then close it up, not coming out for months. I havent seen my biggest (7.5") in 3 months. But I know shes alive, every so often I check the path she takes to her water dish and I see fresh silk laying there. ;) There is no need to worry. And like everyone is saying, make sure you have fresh water in there for it. Hope this helps somewhat.

Austin