question need to to ask

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys i will like to ask someone who can tell me why my gooty sapphire tarantula sub adult she is not eating since last feed on 28/01/19 or 29/01/19 was feed 1 super worm till now.. Is it weather on pre molt period ?

cold blood

Staff member
Fat ts do not want to eat...they do NOT need food. Dont feed it till after it molts....even if thats 6 months from now.

You might want to give the enclosure a re do though.

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
Fat ts do not want to eat...they do NOT need food. Dont feed it till after it molts....even if thats 6 months from now.

You might want to give the enclosure a re do though.
Yes I will be getting a exo terra nano tall tank soon. And I Google say feed per week. And also T also greedy for food ect..

Yeah, fat T's do not want to eat, they just 'lean back' like Fat Joe :pompous:
Noted with thanks..

cold blood

Staff member
Ts shouldnt be fed on a set schedule.... there's no advantage to schedules and plenty of disadvantages. Such as the confusion you're facing.

ExoticLover

Arachnopeon
Ts shouldnt be fed on a set schedule.... there's no advantage to schedules and plenty of disadvantages. Such as the confusion you're facing.
thanks for the info.. So buy right how long do i need to feed T to eat for sub adult?

cold blood

Staff member
thanks for the info.. So buy right how long do i need to feed T to eat for sub adult?
Well it wont need to eat till it molts. But then its depends on many variables. But generally speaking, you can feed a t more often, or larger prey right after a molt, and as they plump, you can feed less often and/or smaller prey and as the t continues to plump, even less often and never anything but smallish prey.