Question for Photography Buffs

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is a lightning pic I took last year. Didnt pay it much mind at first, but on a second look I like it a lot. There's just a lot of stuff going on in this pic and the two naturally highlighted spots draw you to keep looking

Any opinions on how I could edit it to highlight the subtle details better?

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would crop the bottom just enough to take out the top of that tree. Cool pic though! I would make a copy of it and just play around with different settings. Thats what I do with some of my pictures.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
wow that is cool, I love sitting on the proch and watching thunderstorms.

blacktara

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Lightning photography is very addictive (and actually the most dangerous thing you'll do in a proper stormchase). It's shoot and hope, but sometimes the shots are awesome. Set your aperature so you have a 5-10 second exposure, point at a part of the storm that seems to have a lot of clou-to-ground and not so much cloud to cloud, and keep clicking . I like the crop - I myself am tweaking the colors and shading but havent found the perfect mix yet

All y'alls input is appreciated

My chase trip this year will be May 17-30. Will post pics if I get some good ones.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Here's what I did quickly..

what is it you want to do specifically?

Nice job moose.

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First revision without what appears to be jpeg compression artifacts Nerri, and I like your contribution, very dramatic :)