Question about vibration

SpinoMC

Arachnopeon
Hey, so I'm planning to get a tarantula pet soon, though I haven't decided which 1 yet, I'm a bit curious about something... I'm planning to have my tarantula in my bedroom. I don't have a TV, but I do have a computer. My computer always makes sounds when being turned on like most computers do from the fans. My question is: Will that stress out the T? It's a really stupid question but I'm hoping I can get an answer.

user 666

Arachnobaron
your T is more likely to be stressed out by your presence in the room than by the computer.

But even that is not a serious concern.

SpinoMC

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the reply but I'm still slightly worried since many people told me T's can be stressed out from vibrations. Though my room is usually quiet except for my computer.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Thank you for the reply but I'm still slightly worried since many people told me T's can be stressed out from vibrations. Though my room is usually quiet except for my computer.
The vibrations from your footsteps are going to be more noticeable than the vibrations from music or startup sounds.

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
people from facebook perhaps? :angelic:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey, so I'm planning to get a tarantula pet soon, though I haven't decided which 1 yet, I'm a bit curious about something... I'm planning to have my tarantula in my bedroom. I don't have a TV, but I do have a computer. My computer always makes sounds when being turned on like most computers do from the fans. My question is: Will that stress out the T? It's a really stupid question but I'm hoping I can get an answer.
Like @nicodimus22 said, your footsteps or other things like that are more noticeable than whatever vibrations are coming out of the computer tower. Unless you stuck the poor thing on top of the CPU (please don't) then you have nothing to worry about in that regard.

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
My laundry room is on the other side of the wall my collection is on and the washer and dryer vibrations don't seem to bother them.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Ive never been worried about vibrations, I have a few Ts on the same shelf with a small TV but that's not enough to bother then. Just don't put a fan by them (small computer fans don't count) that throws off a lot of vibrations.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
My question is: Will that stress out the T? It's a really stupid question but I'm hoping I can get an answer.
Not stupid at all, I'd say thoughtful!
Others just put them onto stereo speakers at home because it looks so neato. :(

I'd say it's fine, really.

SpinoMC

Arachnopeon
Thank you, guys! It really helped a lot :) Yes, a few blokes did in fact told me on Facebook about stressing the T which is why I came here. I'll probably put the cage (or how it's called in English) at the end of my room on one of the tables I have. Again, I heavily appreciate all of the replies! :D

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i knew it lol
most people on facebook are more interested in trolling than helping.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I don't have a TV, but I do have a computer. My computer always makes sounds when being turned on like most computers do from the fans. My question is: Will that stress out the T? It's a really stupid question but I'm hoping I can get an answer.
All of my tarantulas are in the computer room with me, and they don't seem bothered by the vibrations or sounds of the computer, even when I am listening to music with some bass.

However, I do try to make sure they have some semblance of a day/night cycle with lighting.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I live close, very close to an Air Force base. My house gets rumbled an ungodly amount. I have always been worried about to much vibration disturbing my T room. Turns out only some seem a bit bothered. But I've also had several good pairings of late and three females sitting on sacs. I had moved quickly and didn't realize I was that close to the base. Seems to bother me more than them.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Unless an army of super obese Sumo style fighters starts to perform an 'Haka' tribal dance on the floor of the room where you keep your inverts I say don't worry :-s