Question about vials (but not where to buy ;))

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't bought vials before & haven't received very many slings in them, so i'm not to sure about judging sizes.

Does anyone have a rough idea of what drams would *generally* come with a base about the size of a nickel up to a quarter?

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I haven't bought vials before & haven't received very many slings in them, so i'm not to sure about judging sizes.

Does anyone have a rough idea of what drams would *generally* come with a base about the size of a nickel up to a quarter?

Google the thornton plastics website. There is a spot that gives you all the sizes. I have a file from them for a printout that I can look up for you and send to you in the morning.

Joe - cak

AprilH

Petridish
Old Timer
I haven't tried thornton, but here's where I order from. It has sizes listed in diameter and height for the plastic vials. It's funny that they seem to realize that people order them for slings, but they don't get the wording quite right... :D
Freund Container

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nik, it seems like thornton is cheaper, but you can only get them by the case. Freud looks like you can get them individually.

How many do you need? I have a case of about 1200, 5 dram 13/16" diameter by like 2" tall.

Joe

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm getting about 30-50 micro scorplings next week so i'm looking to buy about 50 vials. I just figured tarantula people had more experience with vials :D