question about pre-molts

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
is there realy any shure-fire way to deciding when your spider is in pre-molt. I have been keeping a pretty up to date calender in wich i write in when i feed, when she's out or when she dosent eat. I know this sounds like to much but i think it helps me since i worry alot about, if i havent seen her in a while.

so on my calender this week i should be seing her old skin out, is there a method to my madness after all or is this all going to happen by chance and theres no way to be shure.....just curious what you all do with those multiple t's

By-Tor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
depends on the kind of spider, if it's a NW and kicked all of the hairs off and you can clearly see it going from a light colour to black or it has completely webbed itself in for a couple weeks and not eaten in that time, well it's obvious then, but if you have an OW your method will be more appropriate at guessing...

Guessing is always a good word, they'll grow when they grow and chances are it won't be while you are staring at it.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok yeah sorry its my singapore blue. usally i go with when shes webed over her tunnell kinda like dont bother me...lol but was just curious how some of you did this with multiple t's. Im inbetween a time where both of our spiders are like in a pre-molt thing...and its weird not fedding them. but thanks for the info

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They tend to get quite lethargic. My P. regalis won't move for about 2 weeks before a molt. This behavior hasn't misled me yet. :)

Pestilence

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IME as a T gets older it takes a lot more time for them to go on premolt. unlike slings they can molt in 2 weeks then can molt again in about 3-4 weeks. so i dont really rely on timing my T's in which when they will molt.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok yeah sorry its my singapore blue. usally i go with when shes webed over her tunnell kinda like dont bother me...lol but was just curious how some of you did this with multiple t's. Im inbetween a time where both of our spiders are like in a pre-molt thing...and its weird not fedding them. but thanks for the info
I have two of these babies around the same age and they usually always molt around the same time.. since the ones i have are slings what I do is feed them until the crickets stay in there for a whole day. IF the crickets are still in there the next day around the same time I put them in there the day before they come and that's when I assume its in pre molt. Usually if a SB (singapore blue) is hungry that cricket will disappear within two hours of it being in there. That's with mine anyway. And also you will know it shedded because singapore blues clean their hiding places up right away so when they shed, they kick out the out skin immediately so you'll see it and you'll know. Below are some pictures of two shed skins from both of my singapore blues from recent sheds. So when you see the picture below in your own singapore blue enclosure don't fret your baby isn't dead that's just the skin:)