Question about Pink Toe Enlosure Size

Jordan Lewis

Arachnopeon
Just got a new enclosure for my pink toe (Adult 3"). It's 11 X 11 X 18. Would this be too big? Asking for a friend...

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
A little.
It will probably just pick a corner to hang out in.
Won't really hurt anything.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Well, there's a wall on the back thats about an inch and a half. Adding about 2" of substrate. Filling with cork tubes, flats, vines and leaves. Would this help at all?
It’s massive IMO. I have a ~3” A. Minatrix in an 7x7x11“ and that’s overkill; I’m working on downsizing it to a 6x6x9.5“. It just stays in one corner, so a lot of wasted space.

If you’re sticking to the enclosure your biggest challenge will be making sure it can get its prey. If it makes web hammocks it’s pretty easy to disable food items And place it in the web. If it makes tubes that can sometimes be more of a challenge. You also need a water source higher up; magnetic gecko feeding ledges work wonders if you decide not to hot glue anything inside the enclosure.

Jordan Lewis

Arachnopeon
It’s massive IMO. I have a ~3” A. Minatrix in an 7x7x11“ and that’s overkill; I’m working on downsizing it to a 6x6x9.5“. It just stays in one corner, so a lot of wasted space.

If you’re sticking to the enclosure your biggest challenge will be making sure it can get its prey. If it makes web hammocks it’s pretty easy to disable food items And place it in the web. If it makes tubes that can sometimes be more of a challenge. You also need a water source higher up; magnetic gecko feeding ledges work wonders if you decide not to hot glue anything inside the enclosure.
Thank you! I bought an exo terra for 40 bucks off of a friend. Just seeing if I could put it to good use. Maybe I could resell it for a decent price since I cleaned it to damn near mint. Where's a good place to get acrylic arboreal enclosures?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Thank you! I bought an exo terra for 40 bucks off of a friend. Just seeing if I could put it to good use. Maybe I could resell it for a decent price since I cleaned it to damn near mint. Where's a good place to get acrylic arboreal enclosures?
Depends on what you want to pay, I have some Herpcult enclosures. There’s also Tarantula Cribs. Or you could make one for cheap, which I also do for my smaller T’s.

Here’s Herpcult small Tall and large Tall. I put a 2” T in the middle so you can sorta see how big they are. My A. Minatrix is hiding, so can’t get a pic of him in the bigger enclosure now. Both of these open from the top.

Edit: ignore the setups, nothing is in these right now.
77B922F5-64DE-40BD-8ACB-132D19CE613B.jpeg

Jordan Lewis

Arachnopeon
Depends on what you want to pay, I have some Herpcult enclosures. There’s also Tarantula Cribs. Or you could make one for cheap, which I also do for my smaller T’s.

Here’s Herpcult small Tall and large Tall. I put a 2” T in the middle so you can sorta see how big they are. My A. Minatrix is hiding, so can’t get a pic of him in the bigger enclosure now. Both of these open from the top.

View attachment 368212
Would you be able to link me something thats not over $70? Can't seem to find anything that's either out of stock or really expensive.

Jordan Lewis

Arachnopeon

View attachment 368212
Nevermind. I found an 8x8x12 Nano on Josh's Frogs for $50

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I was looking around. The holiday sales has wiped a lot of things out of stock.

That would be a good size. You could probably hold onto the current enclosure for later, $40 was a steal.

Jordan Lewis

Arachnopeon
I was looking around. The holiday sales has wiped a lot of things out of stock.

That would be a good size. You could probably hold onto the current enclosure for later, $40 was a steal.
One of my friends from work kept reptiles and tarantulas. It was really dirty. But it cleaned up nice. Might find something big enough to put in here in the future. 20201205_171527.jpg