Question about Pamphobeteus sp. Confusion

RudeMania

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone! I acquired a Pamphobeteus sp. Ecuador II about four years ago, as a 1 inch sling and have raised it into a beautiful adult female. She is now about 5 inches. I have been a little out of touch with the hobby since I acquired her, and am now starting to get back into the swing of things. From what I have gathered, the Pamphobeteus genus is a bit messy still and the classification is not so clear, but I have not been able to acquire any information as to what happened to this species, and if it was ever classified or given a proper name. All the videos, info and threads with the title Pampho. sp Ecuador II are from pre 2012, does anyone know if this species has a new name and/or classification? Any thoughts ideas? The common name I believe was something along the Ecuadorian Purple Bloom. All information would be greatly appreciated!

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello everyone! I acquired a Pamphobeteus sp. Ecuador II about four years ago, as a 1 inch sling and have raised it into a beautiful adult female. She is now about 5 inches. I have been a little out of touch with the hobby since I acquired her, and am now starting to get back into the swing of things. From what I have gathered, the Pamphobeteus genus is a bit messy still and the classification is not so clear, but I have not been able to acquire any information as to what happened to this species, and if it was ever classified or given a proper name. All the videos, info and threads with the title Pampho. sp Ecuador II are from pre 2012, does anyone know if this species has a new name and/or classification? Any thoughts ideas? The common name I believe was something along the Ecuadorian Purple Bloom. All information would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not extremely familiar with this genus but I bet posting a picture would be helpful in getting your question answered.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've heard of Pamphobeteus platyomma being called the purple bloom. It's best not to rely on common names for IDing tarantulas. I agree that a picture would be useful.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
If you go to netbug.com,(Anastasia,s site) they have a number of Pamphobeteus listed.
It may help a little.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Even with pictures, many of them look very similar. But it would help.