Question about newskin & molting.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
So, one of my Rosea's that I beleive is a male had a foot injury and REquired me to use newskin..

I'm wondering what are the chances of him surviving his next molt? I'm assuming it will be his ultimate but not sure, and not interested in sexing it as its a rosea and a rescue.
I dont want to pinch the leg as there's 2 legs that were repaired, and if the sucess rate is low i may just freeze & pop him in a mold....?

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
sorry-

Can a Tarantula Survive or get past a molt, if it's had a wound treated with new skin?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm assuming it will be his ultimate but not sure, and not interested in sexing it as its a rosea and a rescue.
So you don't know the sex, and you think it's next molt will be his ultimate? Assuming it was a male, how do you know whether or not its next molt will be the ultimate?

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
due to his size, though he doesnt have hooks.
But again, I could be wrong.
and AGAIN, I dont really care. the post was a health question not a sex...
even tho i mentioned it =P
I tend to rant.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
due to his size, though he doesnt have hooks.
But again, I could be wrong.
and AGAIN, I dont really care. the post was a health question not a sex...
even tho i mentioned it =P
I tend to rant.
Tarantulas do not get hooks until they have had an ultimate molt.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
The simple answer is yes.

A tarantula should molt fine with a "new skin" repaired Leg. And if the leg gets stuck the tarantula will remove it with its fangs or leave it until it falls off. Next time patch the leg with cornstarch. I once used super glue on a leg and it got stuck when it molted. Not too sure about new skin but cornstarch will work fine.

Last edited:

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
The simple answer is yes.

A tarantula should molt fine with a "new skin" repaired Leg. And if the leg gets stuck the tarantula will remove it with its fangs or leave it until it falls off. Next time patch the leg with cornstarch. I once used super glue on a leg and it got stuck when it molted. Not too sure about new skin but cornstarch will work fine.
I had tried flower, as i read it worked on here somewhere but the wound was too extensive and it only clotted for a few seconds till the T substantially moved around. I let it go for 2 days but the wound was still leaking so I got new skin. Worked great, And im glad it's molt-able. I'll pick up some starch for Just in case, though.

Thanks everyone!

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
orchids, with no luck... will try dandelion next.

You said you were breeding your spiders, are you sure you have a MM?
affirmative!
Joe (CAK) had sent me his MM rosea. I've bred them 5 times total and am going to give it another go tonight. it's been about a month and she's eaten since but I dont think Im going to get lucky..Im not really interested in breeding per se but Figured I would try if presented the chance.