question about my rosea

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
she has been with me for about two weeks now, and I have tried a couple of times to get her to eat, but she hasn't been hungry, so, really i was just wondering if rosea go through any significant, or at least slightly noticable color change before they molt... the store (i know i know) that i got her from didn't know the last time she molted, so i wanted to check...

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
hello Inuleki
umm first off is his/her abdomen bald and turning a blackish color?
also roseys are known for going on fasts wich means wont eat my rosey hasnt ate in a couple of months i wouldnt worry to much about that however remember if he/she wont take the crickets etc..take them out and try later and if it is preparing to moult its better to jus let em be,hope i helped-jason

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
one of mine eats about once every 2-3 months or so, the other eats constantly. I don't think eating or not eating is a good indication of an imminent molt on this particular species!
However as bodc21 mentioned, if you can see the top of the abdomen dark, or black, then yes, a molt is on the way. Make sure there are no live prey items in there...they can and will eat your molting tarantula. Just make sure there is plenty of fresh water, and enjoy!

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, both her abdomen and her legs, especially the legs though are a very dark black....

anyways, thanks for the help,
-Joshua