Question About My GBB

Avery579

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
Hey guys and gals,

I got my GBB last Wednesday, so haven't had her long. I fed her this past Saturday, so I am not worried about her. This is more of a curious question. She has been behind this cork bark and webbed it up overnight last Wednesday into Thursday and has not come out. She only stays back there as far as I know. Do you think she will eventually come out and hang out? She has moved around back behind the cork bark but that's about it. Is there something I can (like add something to her enclosure) to make her want to spend more time out? Should I just wait a couple weeks and see what happens? Pictures are included. She is in a 12 inch tarantula cribs cube. Thanks in advance!

20230327_202830.jpg 20230327_202852.jpg

Last edited:

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hiding in tight spaces is extremely normal tarantula behavior, especially when they have just been rehoused. It can take anywhere from days to weeks for them to settle in to a new enclosure. Starting to web it up is usually a good sign.

Avery579

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
Hiding in tight spaces is extremely normal tarantula behavior, especially when they have just been rehoused. It can take anywhere from days to weeks for them to settle in to a new enclosure. Starting to web it up is usually a good sign.
Yeah she immediately webbed up Wednesday night. She is just so pretty that I want to see her more. I am still thinking about adding a bit of fake plants like in the bark/wood so she has even more to web up. Thanks for the info.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Yeah she immediately webbed up Wednesday night. She is just so pretty that I want to see her more. I am still thinking about adding a bit of fake plants like in the bark/wood so she has even more to web up. Thanks for the info.
I haven't kept one, but my understanding from reading on here is that a GBB will pretty much web up anything and everything you give it :rofl:

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Mine is 3" in an 8" cube. She's completely webbed the top of the "tree" and is making significant progress on the rest.
B6BBD2EC-2E91-4DFA-9E57-1238DC2F903B.jpeg

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
T is settling in.
Barricading themselves in is typically a sign of 2 things. 1) they are not yet secure of their new digs and are thus creating a safe space 2) they are getting ready to molt and doing the same

Avery579

Arachnopeon
Arachnosupporter
T is settling in.
Barricading themselves in is typically a sign of 2 things. 1) they are not yet secure of their new digs and are thus creating a safe space 2) they are getting ready to molt and doing the same
Interssting you said that cause I was thinking the same thing about molting, but then she ate. So I am not sure if she is in premolt or not so I will just give her time to settle in. She does have a little balding on the top of her abdomen.