Question about molting

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a good viarity of ts. its i been trying to keep track of when they all molt. yesterday i had three ts molt same day. last week i have four molt on the same day..
does anyone else tarantulas molt around the same time.
i am wondering if tarantulas molt depending on weather or if its a full or new moon.

mikeymo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've noticed that my Ts tend to molt at or around the same time. I don't know if it has to do with a moon cycle. It might have something to do with the fact that they are all around the same size, are kept at the same temperature, and are fed on the same schedual. At least i know mine are

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
that's what i have read on the topic (don't remember where, sorry): ts tend to synchronize molting cicles when kept in the same room or even house (of course when they are approx. same size/age/gender etc.) because molting is induced by the production of a specific combination of hormones.

other ts in the same room are more likely to molt themselves when they have hormonal stimuli from outside. i know that many hormones travel by air, but i really can't remember how scientifically founded that article was... i'll try rummaging a bit, maybe i find it again.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that's what i have read on the topic (don't remember where, sorry): ts tend to synchronize molting cicles when kept in the same room or even house (of course when they are approx. same size/age/gender etc.) because molting is induced by the production of a specific combination of hormones.

other ts in the same room are more likely to molt themselves when they have hormonal stimuli from outside. i know that many hormones travel by air, but i really can't remember how scientifically founded that article was... i'll try rummaging a bit, maybe i find it again.
i've had 9 out of 20 T's moult since middle of march. i personally thing season/weather does have something to do with it. i did not know about the hormonal thing...very interesting.