Question about molting

itisceline

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!

I’m new here and also new to the hobby. I got my first T about 3 weeks ago. Its a Hamorii sling and i’m totally in love with him/her.
She’s getting darker and of the research i’ve done it kinda looks like she is in pre-molt. Although, this cutie still eats and is still pretty active. Does anyone know if she does look like she’s in pre-molt? Since i’m new to it I’m not really sure about it.
Thank you!
- Celine

Attachments

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Hi everyone!

I’m new here and also new to the hobby. I got my first T about 3 weeks ago. Its a Hamorii sling and i’m totally in love with him/her.
She’s getting darker and of the research i’ve done it kinda looks like she is in pre-molt. Although, this cutie still eats and is still pretty active. Does anyone know if she does look like she’s in pre-molt? Since i’m new to it I’m not really sure about it.
Thank you!
- Celine
Looks like it. Can't say for certain. If is, it will start darkening more soon. How much darker has it gotten recently? The fact it's still eating means nothing. Especially with slings! Good luck :)

Last edited:

itisceline

Arachnopeon
Looks like it. Can't say for certain. If is, it will start darkening more soon. How much darker has it gotten recently? The fact it's still eating means nothing. Especially with slings! Good luck :)
Thank you so much, learned something new haha. Especially the last week it got more darker and shiny. This picture was from yesterday and today no changes. I’ll keep my eye on her! Thanks again🤗

Looks like it to me too. I love the set up! Looks like they are coming out to say hi lol
Yay! I honestly cannot wait, when I wake up I walk straight downstairs to check on him/her haha.
Aww thanks!! 🥰 Something small but cute. Yeah she’s so funny, couple days ago she had such a busy night putting substrate on the little leaf and made a mountain in the back 🤣
Thanks a ton for your reply!! :)

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Thank you so much, learned something new haha. Especially the last week it got more darker and shiny. This picture was from yesterday and today no changes. I’ll keep my eye on her! Thanks again🤗
Dark and shiny...definitely pre-molt then.

Don't get worried if it gets sluggish soon.

At that size shouldn't be long before it molts.

itisceline

Arachnopeon
Dark and shiny...definitely pre-molt then.

Don't get worried if it gets sluggish soon.

At that size shouldn't be long before it molts.
So excited! Alright I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you so much again! I really appreciate it ☺

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Pay close attention to the colors of it daily. You will see it go really dark and when that happens it should molt any day. I would guess you still have a couple weeks until it molts.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
It looks like it will happen soon. If you see her flipped, that is when she is starting to molt and do not disturb her at all during the molting process. (sorry if you already know this but since you say you are new I just want to make sure)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That T is going to molt in the near future.

Also some Ts will eat the day they molt, it’s rare IME but I’ve observed it.

itisceline

Arachnopeon
It looks like it will happen soon. If you see her flipped, that is when she is starting to molt and do not disturb her at all during the molting process. (sorry if you already know this but since you say you are new I just want to make sure)
Aww thanks! I did already know this (i've been watching lots of yt video's haha) but I really do appreciate it! Always good to say that because i'm sure not all new people know about this, its really important for the spider. Thanks for the help! :D

itisceline

Arachnopeon
That T is going to molt in the near future.

Also some Ts will eat the day they molt, it’s rare IME but I’ve observed it.
Having my fingers crossed it will happen soon! I know Hamorii's can take ages. Oh really? I honestly didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know appreciate it! :-D

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I’d be expecting a molt in the “near future” that’s in spider time. So just be patient and sit back and wait.