question about mating

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How many females can you introduce to a male in a day? Or do you give your MM a day or two so he can recover from the first pairing?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
he's only got 2 sperm packets so i imaging that 2 females a day is enough and pair him again after a few days or if you see him making a sperm web.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well he was locked up with the first female for a at least a minute. Then he got the heck out of dodge.I tried to introduce the other two to him but he didnt want to do the deed. do you think i should give it 24 hrs?

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
as long as it takes for him to make another sperm web, that's how long i think you should wait. if he's already deposited his packets, it won't do any good to try to mate him with another female before he makes more, you may end up losing him prematurely.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I give mine at least a week between pairings to be sure he has time to make a new sperm web and "recharge" his pedipalps.

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I give mine at least a week between pairings to be sure he has time to make a new sperm web and "recharge" his pedipalps.
I have never had two females "back to back" until I received your boy J. I introduced to the first girl and you couldn't have been more perfect! Introduced to the second and not a dang thing happened. I gots my clock set to get the other next week.

:)

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I have never had two females "back to back" until I received your boy J. I introduced to the first girl and you couldn't have been more perfect! Introduced to the second and not a dang thing happened. I gots my clock set to get the other next week.

:)
Jmugleston has the best MM's hands down, not just sayiong this either....I got a MM P. formosa that was so ready to mate I had to take the MM out for the safety of the female...he didn't just tap he ran up on her knocked her over inserted...every time she moved he would do the same thing LOL!! she actually ran from him!!!! I have received probably 4-5 MM;s from him and every one produced a sac LOL!!!

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Jmugleston has the best MM's hands down, not just sayiong this either....I got a MM P. formosa that was so ready to mate I had to take the MM out for the safety of the female...he didn't just tap he ran up on her knocked her over inserted...every time she moved he would do the same thing LOL!! she actually ran from him!!!! I have received probably 4-5 MM;s from him and every one produced a sac LOL!!!
I have to totally agree with you! I got an A.minatrix for my two girls. I got him out and he did exactly the same thing! I couldn't get him back into the vial to get him settled and would you know it... I popped him in with the girl for a little supervised visit... He knocked her off the cork and had his way right there! he hadn't been out for 2 minutes after shipping!

Joey made a new friend with me too! :D

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im going to wait until next thursday to pair him with another girl. I have another male but he looks really worn out so i dont particularly want to use him. The person i got him from said hes been mature for over a year. ( got that one as a freebie) J, i need to check you out for some mature males!

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, just thought i would try the old worn out looking male. That didnt go so well! the female tried avoiding him then when he did get close they sat touching legs together for 3 minutes. then she stacked! I was there to save his old hide. lol. I think im going to wait on my fresh male to get ready again.