Question about L. parahybana

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do these rally grow as fast the net tells me they do?? I heard they can grow up to 6 inches in a year and i think thats prety much bull!! :mad: What is the true growth speed of this t and how many inches does it get in a year??

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do these rally grow as fast the net tells me they do?? I heard they can grow up to 6 inches in a year and i think thats prety much bull!! :mad: What is the true growth speed of this t and how many inches does it get in a year??
Depends on how much you feed them and how warm you keep them 6" in a year is about maximum growth but achievable :)

Jaymz Bedell

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
People have had males mature at just over a year old, others have had their animals take signifigantly longer to reach maturity. growth rates will be directly effected by the temperatures the animals are kept at, and how often they're fed. so giving you definitive answers is pretty much impossible. however if you search this site im sure you'll come up with a decent average for animals kept within normal parameters and those also kept warmer and fed more often. because we can directly effect the growth rate of these animals in such obvious ways the best you'll get is a general idea.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
It is true, I wish I would have been able to save some molts and that I kept dates of them as well. Keep them warm and feed them every other day till they stop eating and you will have a very fast growing T.

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have one five and a half inch male I have had a year. I also have two of his sac mates who are two and a half inches that I have had six months or so. TalonAWD had a male that matured in less than a year if I remember correctly.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As stated it really depends on a couple factors. I've had one for over a year now that molted shortly after I got it to about 3.5 inches. To give you an idea of how much it's grown since then... it hasn't.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I will hijack this topic so there won't be ton of new ones... How fast aprox. does the P. cambridgei matures from 4cm( 1,5 inches) sling?

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Personally I have had a male mature in 9 months. They do grow very fast.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is an exeption anyway...They grow fast, but not that fast.
HAHA, Yeah I'm special:p You know me.

For the OP, heres an example of growth between 2 molts. Generally they are speed growers as their reputation states. The pic below is one molt right after the other.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer

This male reached 7.5 inches in a little over 15 months . I know we are talking about size at 12 months but this the only photo of him that I have that shows scale . However at one year I am certain that he was at least 6 inches in span .

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
HAHA, Yeah I'm special:p You know me.

For the OP, heres an example of growth between 2 molts. Generally they are speed growers as their reputation states. The pic below is one molt right after the other.

^ I sure wish my klugi would follow suit. She has picked it up a bit in the past month or so, though- and about to molt any minute.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Talon, Thanks for the info. I wouldn't say that mine has been terribly slow. It has grown from ~3.5" to just shy of 5" since early April, including the short jag AWOL :)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The L. klugi is alot slower growing than the L. parahybana. I had one and definately a slower growing species in comparison.
Not picking on you :), but with only 1 spider you cant make that statement.
That is incorrect.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I got mine in jan and it went from 1/4" to 2.5" in 9 months.

The size increase is small at first but once they hit the 1" mark they really seem to grow fast. They start out a bit on the slow side since they are *tiny*. Mine were kept at room temp for the first 6 months. 75 deg. Now i keep them at 88 deg. But the last 2 molts it went from 1" to 2.5" in 2 months. Definetly worth it. They get very fat and eat almost anything right up until about a week before molting.

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Not picking on you :), but with only 1 spider you cant make that statement.
That is incorrect.
I have done it with 3.
And all my other spiders. Get off it. I can do it even if others have not. Its a statement showing that its possible.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have done it with 3.
And all my other spiders. Get off it. I can do it even if others have not. Its a statement showing that its possible.

I dont have anything against you, neither i want to pick on you, but you seem to not quite to understand that you CANT make those statements untill you have some sort of valid experimental proof.

You cant own 1 or 3 klugi and say "they are way lower growers than Parahybana". As well as just because you had a mature male in 9 months (which I highly doubt) and say "they mature in 9 months"

No, they dont. One or 3 or 30 can be very well exceptions.
Also ,altering the normal conditions will alter the results.

If when Im born im put in a high protein diet and high testosterone steroids with training and i get to be 20 with 26 inches arms, the conclusion is not : Human beings have 26" arms at 20 years old".

PS: Not to bring up the pm, but please dont be a kid,im not against you, I dont even know you.

Im just trying to explain you that is not science what you "prove: in most of your posts.
Really. you are a way off.