Question about Juvenile's burrowing

JuvenileHobbyist

Arachnopeon
Hello!

So i have 6 enclosures now and 4 different species and all my juveniles except for one have burrowed themselves in and closed off the hide.
Even the T i got yesterday has already dug herself in and i don't think all of them are in pre-molt.
I'm just curious as to why they do this? One hasn't been seen for 3 weeks and also hasn't eaten yet.
Will they emerge when they are hungry again?

Table

Arachnosquire
Yes they will emerge when their ready. what species? Ts can go a long time without food, and regularly bury themselves, be it for stress, premolt, or just wanting to vibe underground for 3 months. Its impossible to know for sure but I'm very confident they are fine. just keep the water dish full and try not to worry too much.

JuvenileHobbyist

Arachnopeon
Yes they will emerge when their ready. what species? Ts can go a long time without food, and regularly bury themselves, be it for stress, premolt, or just wanting to vibe underground for 3 months. Its impossible to know for sure but I'm very confident they are fine. just keep the water dish full and try not to worry too much.
The species are 2 B.Hamorii, 2 G.Pulchra, 1 B.Albiceps, 1 N.Chromatus.

Table

Arachnosquire
My pulchra and hamorii where both big diggers, they do this often and if ur lucky they could molt whilst buried.

Table

Arachnosquire
I suppose they are just more comfortable underground when being younger.
You have to realize, in nature a sling is super vulnerable and could be eaten by almost anything. Iv found they can be skittish as slings, but as they get bigger they get older. My hamorii is 3.5 inches now, and spends almost all of her time above ground on display. If ur willing to wait for thm to grow (being slow growers it can take quite awhile) you get some really nice display Ts that are usually out and about.

JuvenileHobbyist

Arachnopeon
You have to realize, in nature a sling is super vulnerable and could be eaten by almost anything. Iv found they can be skittish as slings, but as they get bigger they get older. My hamorii is 3.5 inches now, and spends almost all of her time above ground on display. If ur willing to wait for thm to grow (being slow growers it can take quite awhile) you get some really nice display Ts that are usually out and about.
I kind of figured that yea. They aren't to comfortable in their small size yet compared to how large they'll eventually get. Of course I'm willing to wait and give them all the time they need. Though and occasional hello from them would be nice :rofl:

Table

Arachnosquire
If ur lucky they will burrow all they way down of against the side so you can have a little peeping hole. That hole is the only reason I know my .75 " A.chalcodes is still alive. (its had its burrow closed for 3 mouths.)

sasker

Arachnoprince
In the wild, basically all tarantulas hide away. In our terrariums, they tend to get out more, but hiding is natural behaviour. These are not wandering spiders ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello!

So i have 6 enclosures now and 4 different species and all my juveniles except for one have burrowed themselves in and closed off the hide.
Even the T i got yesterday has already dug herself in and i don't think all of them are in pre-molt.
I'm just curious as to why they do this? One hasn't been seen for 3 weeks and also hasn't eaten yet.
Will they emerge when they are hungry again?
Ts live in burrows or holes etc for safety just like you live in flat.