Question about importing...

widowmaker03

Arachnopeon
Well, I am in Cambodia and after passing through the town known as Skoon, my father in law purchased two tarantulas for me (he knows I like spiders). The first tarantula that I got disappeared (either got out or... eaten by rats, which seems likely). These two new specimens are much healthier (I actually got several threat poses from the larger of the two).

I did some digging in United States Customs and Border Protection. To my understanding these spiders are not protected and not endangered (though as many as these Khmer eat, I assume they will be endangered within a decade). I came to form 3-177 and understand that I need to clear it with customs... that is where my question comes.

What process do i follow? It mentions there will be no fee since they are not cargo which is designated as traveling in the mail, on foot, or as a passenger... which I will be... I will be flying into Dallas.

billy28

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I'm understanding your post right i'm going to say there are a lot of reputable dealers in Canada. Just get some from Canadian dealers.
a:?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hahah Billy, Nebraska and Dallas aren't in Canada...
As for your question, I don't think you can bring Ts on a plane.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Or snakes. Unless Sammy Jackson is on that flight....

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dude, i would use that 1st line in your post, as my sig...if i knew how to do that....lol

YellowBrickRoad

☆Klaasified☆
Arachnosupporter +
I thought I'd already sobered up from this mornings drinking. I guess not! :?
let me get this right, someone in cambodia just got you a couple T's that just got eaten by some rats, now you have new ones and your traveling to Dallas from Nebraska on foot, but you want to know about airline security when it comes to transporting T's? I'm so lost, I'm going to go give Jack a call and see what he says, may take a minute! I think he's in Canada. :)

All in good fun, sorry I just needed a good laugh for the day.