Question about hurt bark scorpion

RosesRubella

Arachnopeon
Hey, long time keeper first time poster la di da...
Anyways, I've been keeping bark scorpions for a few years now and happened to save one from a friends house from a mean collision with a shoe. I got him back home and noticed he was keeping his tail pretty flat, but decided to give him a day and see what happened. A week later its still a'draggin so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to keep him healthy. So far I just doubled up on cleaning duty, leveled out the substrate and feed only small crickets, but I'm worried he's still stressing.

TL;DR, Scorpion hurt, what do?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, long time keeper first time poster la di da...
Anyways, I've been keeping bark scorpions for a few years now and happened to save one from a friends house from a mean collision with a shoe. I got him back home and noticed he was keeping his tail pretty flat, but decided to give him a day and see what happened. A week later its still a'draggin so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to keep him healthy. So far I just doubled up on cleaning duty, leveled out the substrate and feed only small crickets, but I'm worried he's still stressing.

TL;DR, Scorpion hurt, what do?
The intestine/ gut, is in the metasoma (tail)...so one can imagine that after a collision with a shoe, and with the flat metasomal segments, that the gut is injured and that the animal cannot digest it's food right and cannot defecate right. If the animals can only drag it's tail and not move it, it cannot envenomate a prey. The prognoses for such a injured animal is not good. You can't do anything and you should ask yourself what the use of keeping it alive will be.....

Regards, Michiel

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yes, the bark scorpion is injured, he's not going to recover and is slowly dying.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you are unsure how to put it out of it's mysery, put it in the fridge for half an hour and after that at least 3 hours in the freezer. NOT shorter.......

TheDeathStalker

Arachnopeon
Yea I agree! You should put it out of it's missery the way that Michiel says...

Too bad about it though, but now do what is right!