Question about housing isopods with roaches

Hopefully I'm asking this in the right place as I've never used any forum before (sorry if I'm not, just tell me where to move it to and I will). I recently got some isopods and put them in with some cave roaches to start a communal invert setup. However today when I went to feed the tank I found only 4 Isopods and after a little research apparently it would seam my cave roaches must've eaten them. I have since removed the remaining isopods from the tank and put them in a small setup of their own.

So after figuring all that out I wanted to ask if it would be safe to house isopods with hissing roaches or if they would eat them too? I had planned on doing so, but since the cave roaches have eaten most of the isopods that were in their cage I want to make sure it'd be safe. Also if you want to throw in any suggestions on roaches that would be good for a communal tank it'd be appreciated.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
What species of isopods? I know often if not given enough protein isopods will eat other molting creatures.

Zebra Isopods, I can't remember the exact species off the top of my head, they're an armadillium though. I plan on keeping any isopods well fed though.

I'm more worried about the roaches hurting them than them the roaches. Since the cave roaches destroyed 21 out of 25 of the isopods I put in.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Hissers are highly unlikely to eat woodlice or anything else alive. Woodlice can eat moulting critters, but cockroaches tend to moult fast, so you're unlikely to see a cockroach colony destroyed by woodlice... and Armadillidium species don't tend to be as hungry for protein.

For the other cockroaches, perhaps try dwarf whites (Trichorhina tomentosa) as they won't be quite so obvious as targets.