Question about Hottentotta sp.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First of all i just want every to know that this is the second scorpion i have ever owned and got becasue i have started up a invert society in my area and wanted to have a divers amount Ts and scorpion in my collection.
Well i was wondering is it normal for a scopion m=not to eat for two weeks? I have put meal worms in, she didnt eat any. i put crix in, i still havent seen her eat yet. Are scorps like Ts in that they wont eat before a molt?
Also, its a hottentotta Trilneus or something like that

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as i know Scorpions don't eat on the run up to a moult. And in my personal experience my Emps have gone weeks, sometimes even over a month without eating anything.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I guess i better take the 25 crix out then... thanks for the info.

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Scorpions eat like 1 locust a week, 2 max. Thats what i feed mine and Emps are one of the biggest species. Crickets are slightly smaller but no way 25 crickets for 1 scorpion :p

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes, i put 25 in. i always give my Ts more and what they dont eat after 24 hrs i remove them. If the Ts are in premolt i only use 1 mealworm or cricket for 24 hrs.

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I guess T's comfort eat because they know Scorpions rock and they'll always be second best {D

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess i better take the 25 crix out then... thanks for the info.
i had h.hottentotta consumed a mealworm 2days prior to molt
if you dont remove the crix, its gonna be bad news if he/she molts

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my LP tarantula can barely muster a dozen medium a week if i get extra, let alone 25!!! Who told you to put 25 in for each animal?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my LP tarantula can barely muster a dozen medium a week if i get extra, let alone 25!!! Who told you to put 25 in for each animal?
Probably the same person who gave him the idea to start an invert society:D:D LOL