Question about feeding and feeders, need feedb..hah

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since the insect board is a good deal deader than this one, I will be partially redundant. Just partially.
Mods might have qualms about this.. :(

What to do with a 1.5" roach that has burrowed into the substrate of my 1yr old L.Parahybana's enclosure? Let it be? Will it come up, eventually? Or will it stay down there pollute and plot the end of the world, or Potato (the Parahybana) ??

Also, since I'm reluctant to throw these roaches (they're B. Giganteus or possibly Blaptica Dubia un-adult ones (nymphs?) ) out the window into the snow, I need to know if I can put them in somekind of bowl they can't get out of , as a means of feeding?
Won't Potato chip her fangs if she tries to impale them in a glass bowl or something else hard ? :/

Thanks for your time.

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my l.parahybana has no problem digging up her food:)

Also about the hard shell issue, my b.vagans sling when i give it a beetle it eats it from "behind".... where it is softer i guess:D

Of course if the T doesn't get it in let's say 4-5 hours ( I leave them one day) take it out

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Um, she doesn't seem to know there's a roach there :/ This doesn't surprise me since there is approx 6 gallons of substrate in there. Which I'm wondering if it's dangerous to keep it there, since I'm loath to carefully take out every inch of peat in order to get at the dang cockroach .

About hardness, I meant the bowl, not the roach :) Do you think there would be a possibility, if I managed to place the roaches in a bowl they couldn't climb out of, that Potato would hurt her fangs trying to pierce the little buggers? Against the hard bowl, I mean.

Hah, from behind eh? funny little thing

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ooops, sorry i got you wrong!
and have no idea about the bowl thing...