Question about E-spiderworlds price list

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is in no way a stab at John Hoke or anybody who works for him. I am just incredibly confused by his pricelist. HE has a female C brachycephalus for 775 dollars American. She is full grown. Mine is subadult and it was 40 dollars Canadian. I am throughly confused. Are his tarantulas all made out of gold?

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I hope so because that is the most expensive invert I have ever heard of. A lot of the others seem pretty pricy too.

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Re: Is E-spiderworlds Pricelist A Joke?

Originally posted by JacenBeers
This is in no way a stab at John Hoke or anybody who works for him. I am just incredibly confused by his pricelist. HE has a female C brachycephalus for 775 dollars American. She is full grown. Mine is subadult and it was 40 dollars Canadian. I am throughly confused. Are his tarantulas all made out of gold?
Jacen,

If you have any questions about someone's prices, you should email them privately first; as opposed to making a public scene about it here. The only ones who can really answer you about E-Spiderworld's price list are either John Hoke, himself, or any of his employees.

Make sure that you have all of the facts first. If an error was made, then I am sure they will appreciate you privately pointing it out to them. Your last statement was really uncalled for, as it appears to be sarcastic. If so, then it can be misconstrued as you taking a stab at him.

Try and contact them first as it would make for a more accurate post. FYI ......

Debby

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I posted it here because I know some people who work at E SPiderworld use this forum and could give me an answer. Id ont see a problem with that.

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have bought spiders/slings from E-Spiderworld and they were more than worth the price I paid.

To be honest I have been happy with all the dealers I have dealt with except one but that is another story.

Ropes

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
John and company are excellent to deal with and very informative. They have helped me out many times and never make me feel like I am wasting their time. All the tarantulas I have purchased from them are A+ quality and I know they stand behind all that they sell.
I suspect the price should be $75 as I was looking to purchase one in January and thats what a guaranteed female was going for then.
If you would like an immediate confirmation, give them a call on their 800 number and ask.
I think you'll find them all very willing to help.
Ralph

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I posted it here because I know some people who work at E SPiderworld use this forum and could give me an answer. Id ont see a problem with that.
The problem is with the title of the thread. You can't "ask a question" like that without negative connotations. Maybe a title such as "Question about E-spiderworlds price list" would have been a better title. BTW, I liked my new title so much, I changed it in the thread. You could have just as easily PM'ed either John himself or either of his employees and asked as opposed to posting it on the main forums.

Scott

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you could have just gone to his web site and emailed him personaly.I had a similar situation happen with his price list except I got the bargin:D ,he had accidently listed a female O.andersoni for only 40.00 under the sling list.I caught the error before he did and because of that he gave her to me at that price .Should have been much more.And she also molted again before she was shipped. I have never had any problems with him ,his animals or his price llist.I have however had problems with others animals ,and because of that will no longer use there services. I personaly believe he's the best.
Doug
p.s jacen i'm not bashing you

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

Just to clear it up once and for all...That was a typo. She is priced at $75, not $775. Come on, people. :p

Thanks for bringing it to our attention though.

Flannery

Infinity

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Ropes4u
I have bought spiders/slings from E-Spiderworld and they were more than worth the price I paid.
Ropes
I agree... My husband and I have had several dealings with John over the last year or so, and each time we've called, either for information or orders, he has been nothing but pleasant and professional.

As for the prices, you get what you pay for, and cheaper is certainly not always better, in my book. I have had the unfortunate experience of ordering spiderlings from another vendor (who shall remain nameless), only to find out within a molt or two that not one T was actually what I purchased it as.

I would much rather pay a little extra for a well cared for, positively identified T, knowing that John Hoke will stand behind his stock and handle any problems which may arise professionally, and in a timely fashion.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't dealt with John personally, but I've dealt with Flannery (safteypinup) and she was very helpful. If she is an accurate representative of him and his business, I'm impressed. Thanks for the help Flannery.

Botar

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I posted it here because I know some people who work at E SPiderworld use this forum and could give me an answer.
Ever heard of "the shortest distance between two points"? Seems that common sense would dictate the obvious fact that directly asking someone a question bearing relevance to that particular person as opposed to posting the question (and one which may put the integrity of their business in question at that) in a public forum may at least cause a misunderstanding.

I dont see a problem with that.
That's obvious. Someone else did though.

I have done business with John and would recommend him as well.
Atrax

Gregg1LE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Another testimonal-

I have done business with John on two occassions and have found him nothing but professional. Both spiders I bought were first rate and very healthy. I am looking forward to this Saturday and meeting Flannery at the reptile show in Arlington,TX and possibly buying a L. Straitus from them......

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gregg1LE
I am looking forward to this Saturday and meeting Flannery at the reptile show in Arlington,TX and possibly buying a L. Straitus from them......
Hey :) I picked out a really great looking striatus for you--I think you'll be pleased :)
Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Flannery

Stevenxowens792

Arachnopeon
Great Dealings with John...

I am new on the board but have been into reps for over 12 years and inverts for only the past year. I can honestly say that John is super nice. By nature he sometimes gets busy. He has never neglected to take time out of his day to take requests or talk a bit. It is nice to see businesses like that. Folks that take their work to the extreme... He has invited me to see the facility. I am about 4 hours away or so and hope to get up there someday.
I have purchased or received 9 inverts from John... No problems...
Whether you are buying from a show, or having them shipped.

I agree with what someone else said in the forum, you get what you pay for.

Take Care,

Steven

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey all,

Instead of posting them here, why not talk about your experiences with John in the dealer review forum?

Scott