Question about baby emps

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had an interesting observation some days ago. I have 3 babie emps. They usually stay together in they little ditch that they dug out. The other day, the biggest of the three started walking around. The weird thing was that the other two followed. So the three were going around the tank in the 'follow the leader' sort of way. When ever the one in front stopped, the other two stopped right away. Then the front one would move again and the other two followed. They walked around the tank once and went back to their hole. I am actually thinking of putting in more little emps scorps. Wait....I haven't asked anything yet have I? The question is was that normal behavior? I mean, do they usually do things like that together? Also, was it a coincidant...coincident...co-incedent...whatever... that the biggest one was the one in front?

W

Weapon-X

re

wow, that is weird have never heard of that before, but it sound cool---Jeff

Mikko

Arachnopeon
I have never seen anything like that and never heard of it either. I have 5 sub-adult "emps" in a large cage and they have never done that. They can lay in groups but when it becomes dark in the terrarium they all walk around but not in groups.
You see, these animals never stopps to impresse on the owners, theres probably much more left to discover of them.
Good luck with youre emp´s.
By the way, how big are they now?
/Mikko Seppänen

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
To a poss answer, they react like fish when they are "schooling" using their lateral line system but it's not as refined. It's obvious to me they react to other's movements through the setae, the hair-like diddlydoos all over their bods. They "hear" or feel movements and react to them, it's like a domino effect when they are around each other, one moves, senses it, the other does and the other, and the next and the next, it causes a chain reaction.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
To a poss answer, they react like fish when they are "schooling" using their lateral line system but it's not as refined. It's obvious to me they react to other's movements through the setae, the hair-like diddlydoos all over their bods. They "hear" or feel movements and react to them, it's like a domino effect when they are around each other, one moves, senses it, the other does and the other, and the next and the next, it causes a chain reaction.
Also one of the reasons they do that warning body tremor shaking when they grab a prey item. Alerting their "acquaintances" to their presence and not to try and eat them.