Question about Androctonus spp.

wakan

Arachnopeon

As we know A.amoreuxi and A.baluchicus are two different species. After changes I've go a lot of doubt what truelly I've got. Can someone tell me what sp. of scorpion is on theese photos? Sorry for my poor english. In my opinion it's rather A.baluchicus. This scorpion is one moult before adult.

regards.

wakan

Arachnopeon
As you can see photos are different with the same scorpion. I know now, that this scorpion lived even 1000 km for Egypt, so I still have got doubt. In my opinion (in real - not on photos) it's a bit too dark to amoreuxi, but it's opinion only.

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well sometimes they do come with a darker coloration...i dunno why.
I wonder why is amoreuxi in the Androctonus sp family tree when the tail is so much thinner :?

hottentotta.ch

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

Peter sad it allready, it must be A. amoreuxi!
It's the only Androctonus spp. that has this thin tail. All others has some fat tail!
Because of the coloration, there is for example the Androctonus amoreuxi "levyi" that has a darker coloration too. They are from Israel...

Cheers

Oli

wakan

Arachnopeon
You're right. Coloration isn't good key to ID scorpions. I know that. I compared baluchicus and amoreuxi earlier, but I'ved got some doubt. I'm sure it's A.amoreuxi, because first you post that and baluchicus has different metasoma, so the topic is clearly now. Ofcourse usually I recognize scorpion for another ID like colour or metasoma shape only.

regards and thanks for help