Question about Alphonopelma anax

poppaJT

Arachnopeon
Hi every one, I'm thinking about getting a Texas Brown tarantula, i was just wondering how strong their venom is, and their humidity/heat needs? thanks!!

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi poppa. Welcome to AB.

To answer your questions, the venom is quite weak, comparable to a bee sting or less (probably less). There's no need to worry about the humidity. Just keep it on dry substrate with a water dish. Every couple of weeks you may want to overflow the water dish a bit but that's all. No misting is necessary, ever. As for heat, they require no external heat source, if you're comfortable, so is it.

If you haven't already I recommend you read through some of the stickies at the top of this forum. There is lots of info in there about keeping T's. Some questions you didn't even know you had will be abswered for you.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Hi every one, I'm thinking about getting a Texas Brown tarantula, i was just wondering how strong their venom is, and their humidity/heat needs? thanks!!
I am selling some young A.Anex! they are only 2" but handlable. I handle them and havnt had a problem yet. Just letting you know incase you are interested. I also agree that the A.Anex Bite is less venomous than a bee sting! Though you should always use caution handling any T