Question about a Dealer...

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have any of you ever heard of/ordered from a reptile outfit called "Xtreme Reptiles"? I was just looking at the Ts on their website...they've got some really good prices, but I have to wonder...no scientific names posted, and some common names I've never heard before...any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Faunya

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd stick to reputable dealers with alot of dealer reviews and positive feedback. I have never heard of them myself, and if they cannot give you the scientific name i wouldnt buy from them because you never know what you might be getting.

Mark

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have spoken with these guys before and they seem like good folks... I havent ever ordered something from them before though so I can't attest to the quality of their stock.

A lot of their prices are good yes... but a lot aren't.

What I tend to do with trying out new dealers is to place a small test order. If I am happy with what I get then I continue to use them, if not I don't order again and I havent lost too much money.

Thats the risks you have to take.

Lantang

Arachnopeon
yep I heard of Xtreme Reptiles in south FL, mainly an import based company, and sell reptiles at shows, they specialize mainly in reptiles and amphibians, they also get alot of bussiness, so I wouldn't worry, they stand by their guarantees(or thats what I heard from references).

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they deal mainly with reptiles...

As was already stated they deal mainly in reptiles and quite a few exports. That would be why they aren't listing the Latin on the spiders they simply aren't that experienced with them. I also can't say how good or bad that a spider deal with them would go as I haven't had one. As far as their reptile go however yes they do stand behind their animals and do quite a bit of business on Kingsnake.

Phil

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, I don't know about this particular dealer, but The test order idea above is a good one, I suppose.. unless you only really want a small order overall anyways.

Myself, I have a universal ban on anything "Xtreme". Let us for a moment think on other things "Xtreme".

Xtreme Paintbrawl 1, 2, 3, etc. Terrible video games, to a laughable extent.

Right Guard Xtreme sport. Most flaky white underarm stick I've ever seen in my life.

Dep Ultimate Xtreme hold #10. When I had hair, I used some of this once. I had to wash my hair some 6 times to get it to leave the styled shape.

Xtreme sports. yeah.

Bill

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
LOL Bill you hit the nail right on the head with that one. Almost everything i can think of that has XTREME in the title has been amazingly poor.

haha

Mark