question about 1.5" cyriopagapus. blue

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok dont mean to be a pain in the butt, but agin this seems to be a hard spider to find a whole lot of care info on. And agin this is my first baby to raise as far a tarantulas go. About what size do they come out of there burrow. I kinda want to know how big he's gotten. If i dont see him for a while should i assume he's molting,? and how often do they molt as this age?

i guess im kinda inpateint but i just always worry the little dude will die without me knowing because of being underground....or does that not happen..?

this is the only site i can even find a good amount of people thats even had any of this type.

any help would be great....thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They will be out and about more when they get to the 2-3" range. I have had slings that grew up and just made their little burrow bigger every time. They can die in their burrow but its not likely as long as water and food have been offered and there is good ventilation then things should be just fine. I am sure you will see him again soon.
Oh and at that size molts will be somewhat frequent every 1-3 months, but the bigger he gets the farther apart the molts will be.
Check at night when hes been alone in the dark for a while, use a flashlight, I catch mine out and about at night all the time. They are nocturnal after all.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cool thanks ill just wait. But by the way i happen to read an old article on here that the BTS has a 15 page article on caring for these little guys and seeing how you seem to be part of the crew or something maybe you could tell me if thats true or not.

I got to say though last time i saw him he seems to like the bigger crickets but today i went to the pet store and picked up some crickets and they were a little big but the one i put in was about 1" but the cricket wanted to burrow too. so i decided that since he was in there quiet a while i took him out seeing as that cricket may be a treat or a tad to big

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont have a clue where that article is, I have been submersed in reading articles online the last 8 months or so, I bet ill find it eventually.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
dont beat yourself up about it dude i was just crious and woudl like to have something like that. I found out about it when i went surfing through some old post like back in 06 and some one had posed that the latest jornel had it but agin trying to find that is pretty hard

but i appreiciate the help anyway

soulreaver_x01

Arachnopeon
my pet hole 'blue' just moulted,and is about 1.5-2 inches..it comes out somtimes and sticks to the lid of its tupperware bowl....but its a pet hole.dont worry tho it will come out soon!!all i see when i offer a cricket is a pair of fuzzy feet come out of the cover and dissapear..this is my first sling also,they seem to be a very hearty critter!!

m.b.