quesions on eqq sacs and breeding in general

dr_hemlock2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know that reptiles heat plays a part in the determination of the sex of the offspring does heat and or humidity play a part in arachnids if it does can someone direct me to a paper or somewhere this is documented. second question what would be the smallest egg sac verses the largest egg sac in size i mean from smallest to largest would be nice if someone would take the time to let me know the average.
thanks in advance
doc
:cool:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry, i can't answer your question. About half way into your post i got a terrible headache. PLEASE use points and commas to form a sentence.

Here is a link to help you practice.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentence_(linguistics)

regards,
Eddy
......lol......

for heat and humidity as factors that determine sex in T's - not that I know of.

largest sac - probably L.parahybana, or Lasiodora in general. 800-1200~
Brachypelma species are known to produce large sacs as well.

smallest sac - Theraphosa probably, i've heard that Xenesthis produce small
sacs as well.

dr_hemlock2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
reedit of previous post

I am sorry about the illogical request I made I reread it when I got a reply from “Metallica” my apologies to all. This is how it should have read” I require some information on the gestation periods and the size of various Tarantulas. I would also like an estimate on size of egg sacs (diameter) for various tarantulas if you keep track of this info. Else, a direction to where I might find this info. The reasoning behind this is I am designing something and the information is necessary. I also asked if arachnids (Tarantulas)if they are like reptiles in that depending on the temperature of the nest would decide on the particular sex of the siblings. Unless this is to much information to be asking for on this forum. I have been very disappointed at the responses to some of my requests as they were valid requests and I do use the “search function” every time before asking. I would do this research myself a very time consuming thing but I figured the best place to ask is where the experience lays the most. I have received some replies and thanks to those that take the time out to help.
Doc

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ihopeyougetamigrainreandiedfromreadingmypost:pimyselfrarelytakethetimetomakemypostreadableforpeoplelikeyoubecauseicouldcarelesswhatyouhavetosaythatbeingsaidgocritsizesomeonewhocareswhatyouthinkandleavethequestionawnseringtothepeoplherethatarenotsostuckonthemselfsthattheyneedtopokefunatothersforthehellofitwhyyoupeoplefellyouneedtopoststufflikethatisbeyondmebutthenagainicanreadhispostwithoutgettingaheadachsoundslikeyouarelackinginthereadingandcomprehshionareaofyourbrainperhapsyouneedsomehelpyourself

my 2 cents

TheDarkFinder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I know that reptiles heat plays a part in the determination of the sex of the offspring does heat and or humidity play a part in arachnids if it does can someone direct me to a paper or somewhere this is documented. second question what would be the smallest egg sac verses the largest egg sac in size i mean from smallest to largest would be nice if someone would take the time to let me know the average.
thanks in advance
doc
:cool:
Do not have much time. So sorry about the post.

1.) No
Reichling, S.B. & W. Gutzke. 1998.
Phenotypic consequences of incubation temperature and feeding regimen in captive-bred tarantulas.
Zoo Biology 17(5): 405-415.

2.) Too many factors play into this. For the most part nw will have more young then ow. terrestrials will have more then arboreal. But it really depends on the age, size, health, and number of mates of the female. If the males has mated with two females, the second female may get little to no sperm. If he mates with one leg or both. Just to many factors. Lasirodora have some of the highest young and avics can have some of the lowest but it is possible lasirodora to only produce 3 young.

But I'm confused on what you want here. Do you want fertility or fecundity?

dr_hemlock2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
further info

Oh I see so many more things come into lay here forgive me as I am a layman and searching for knowledge on the subject. Fertility and fecundity are not what I was looking for it was the average in inches or mm of each egg sac from smallest to largest. I just want to do things right and correct when it comes to the breeding attempts if in deed there are any. Knowledge is power and I want all I can get
Thank you for you response
And as far as the other responseyou knowwhoyouarethanksthereisoneineverycrowd
Doc
:D