Quarentine T shopping (good god help me)

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I guess, having more time to stare at my collection and fantasize about new additions has broken me a bit. I just spent 300$+ on Fear Not.

Plan was to look around for a couple to a few M. balfouri slings to start a communal (something i've wanted to do for a while) but they were out of stock at every reputable online dealer so I ended up with juvenile P. met, H. pulchripes and a subadult P. sp tigris.

Pray for my health and bank account during these difficult times! 😭

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Do not fear! I am letting lose on my invert keeping as well...just cross ventilated one too many storage boxes... I’m using this quarantine as leverage to ‘hone my techniques’ no concern from family members as of yet...

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
Hard not to spend money, looking at the slings...then you come across that one species...and now it’s ON SALE!!!!

Yeah I get it.

I told my wife that I won’t be bringing in more tarantula slings until May, at the earliest. It’s been 10 days, I ordered Praying Mantis egg cases. I say it doesn’t count, they have 6 legs.

Wife has a biology minor...her claim is that they are still invertebrates. Daughter agrees with mom...I want a second opinion.

Last edited:

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Oh, I know. I've been on FearNot, Jamie's, etc. and I'm SO tempted. I need something to look forward to! I need to convince my BF that yes, I need another one. And no, unless it's an arachnid, it doesn't count in my opinion :)

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
Im thinking about getting more t's as well. Don't have the courage to ask the Mrs yet. Not too many things available are must haves for me but I am super bored

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hard not to spend money, looking at the slings...then you come across that one species...and now it’s ON SALE!!!!

Yeah I get it.

I told my wife that I won’t be bringing in more tarantula slings until May, at the earliest. It’s been 10 days, I ordered Praying Mantis egg cases. I say it doesn’t count, they have 6 legs.

Wife has a biology minor...her claim is that they are still invertebrates. Daughter agrees with mom...I want a second opinion.
They are both out of their minds!!!!!!!!

You said slings-- NOT inverts. Tell them to get real. Your wife, replaced with v2.0, and your daughter, remind her human slavery exists- children are made to be told what to do and be silent. If that doesn't work, an effective technique is to remind them the Bible reads father can sell his daughter, and you can get TOP dollar for her in the right country.

You manup, and tell them who runs the show my friend! :cool:

DETAILS matter!!! It's crap like this that really shows you what your partner is like, and how "adjustments" are clearly needed for the cause.

If you told your wife you weren't going to bring any more dogs home, and you brought a tiger home would she say, well that's still a mammal..please.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I guess, having more time to stare at my collection and fantasize about new additions has broken me a bit. I just spent 300$+ on Fear Not.

Plan was to look around for a couple to a few M. balfouri slings to start a communal (something i've wanted to do for a while) but they were out of stock at every reputable online dealer so I ended up with juvenile P. met, H. pulchripes and a subadult P. sp tigris.

Pray for my health and bank account during these difficult times! 😭

I think you are really delusional. You talk about fantasies, but you are actually spending real money it seems. I don't think you need help with Ts, the more the merrier. You need help in understanding what is reality and what isn't.;)

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron

Did they sex them?

Mbuch

Arachnopeon
Well, I was getting more and more itchy for another T, then this morning I noticed that the T albo I recently adopted from a friend made an egg sac! LOLOLOL
Guess I'll be having plenty of "new Ts" soon!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Well, I was getting more and more itchy for another T, then this morning I noticed that the T albo I recently adopted from a friend made an egg sac! LOLOLOL
Guess I'll be having plenty of "new Ts" soon!
Oh nice! Good luck!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I think i've purchased six or so T's since I OFFICIALLY DECIDED that I wasn't getting any more until all of my slings matured. 🙃

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
I'm literally up early waiting for FedEx right now because I have new additions on the way.....time to build enclosures with breakfast . 😁 Congrats on your new additions !!

jmod

Arachnopeon
I know, I know, we made an order yesterday. The bad part is I'm already looking and that one hasn't even arrived yet!

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
I have an A. geniculata from Jamies arriving in the mail tomorrow. I definitely can relate to wanting more T's right now.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I think everyone can relate to this quarantine times. I'm actually stuck on feeders going on shrinkage, but I'm fine without more T.'s since I have most T.'s that I need at the moment.

Plan was to look around for a couple to a few M. balfouri slings to start a communal
Ironic :cigar: , I've just recently separated some M. balfouri slings from the incubator recently, I've already got my fair share of the sac and every other is going to be wholesaled off once they put on some size soon. I gotta say, they're still puny small even at 3rd instar. So I'm going to give them 2 more molts before they're ideal size to ship for my size standards. I wouldn't worry about not having any M. balfouri, because more is always coming.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
I made the mistake of checking my bank account....now it's all "Well, if I can afford one and I have to pay for overnight shipping...might as well get two."

It just makes fiscal sense!!!!

omni

Arachnobaron
oh I know. Tax refund time is always Expand The Collection time haha. Got a couple gems from FNT yesterday and decided after unpacking I just had to have more of them. Next week hurry up and get here!