Quarantine Tarantulas

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I finally started running low on things to do around the house. Still need to go through the boxes of things in our basement and sort out which things to keep and which to get rid of, but I'm trying to put that off indefinitely :lol:. Decided to pick up a few new Ts to give us something to look forward to and add a little excitement. We're expecting 2 Caribena versicolor slings, a Nhandu tripepii and a Tliltocatl albopilosus. Pretty excited to receive these guys, and until they arrive I have a new project getting their enclosures ready. Anyone else pick up new spiders during all this craziness?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I've picked up 3 more so far. A P. auratus, T. albopilosus, and T. violaceus. Hey, we all need something to lift our spirits right now!

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
I am still working, and before this I was getting crazy overtime. Yesterday I got an order of 10 slings, today I’m getting a juvie and 3 more slings. I feel like I need to start culturing mealworms now...

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I am still working, and before this I was getting crazy overtime. Yesterday I got an order of 10 slings, today I’m getting a juvie and 3 more slings. I feel like I need to start culturing mealworms now...
What species did you get?

hunterc

Arachnopeon
MIne came in monday. 1 cyriopagopus lividus green phemur sling, and 2 cyriopagopus vonwirthi slings

Evil Ant

Arachnopeon
I ordered from TSS a £30 mystery box and Cyriopagopus lividum, missed this weeks delivery
So ended up ordering a Pterinochilus murinus, a Lasiodora parahybana and a £10 mystery box from Tarantulas online.
Need to stop now, maybe...

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I ordered from TSS a £30 mystery box and Cyriopagopus lividum, missed this weeks delivery
So ended up ordering a Pterinochilus murinus, a Lasiodora parahybana and a £10 mystery box from Tarantulas online.
Need to stop now, maybe...
"Maybe" being the key word ;)

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have been going through serious withdrawal and am running dangerously low on supplies. I knew that expos were great to pick up all my supplies at a more reasonable price, but I didn't realize how great they were until now.
I ended up picking up a male/female pair of Tapinauchenius violaceus on the weekend for a great price from a local hobby breeder.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I have been going through serious withdrawal and am running dangerously low on supplies. I knew that expos were great to pick up all my supplies at a more reasonable price, but I didn't realize how great they were until now.
I ended up picking up a male/female pair of Tapinauchenius violaceus on the weekend for a great price from a local hobby breeder.
I got a T. violaceus from an online shop also a few weeks ago. This is my first Tapinauchenius. He's a little guy but he webs a lot! They're so pretty.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
3 P.ornatas,2P.metallica,a freebie P.rufilata/Psalmo.cambridgei.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
What species did you get?
I got mostly unsexed slings between 1/2"-1"
B auratum x1
B boehmeix1
C sp peubla x3
D diamanthinesis x2
G pulchripes x2
B klassi x1
A geniculata x3

also got a sexed male 3" P Machalla. The picture the seller sent me showed it having dull purple legs and a brown carapace, but in person it has so much purple in its carapace.

I work at a job considered essential, and I love it (and the hazard pay), but I've been super stressed out. It's nice to come home to the spiders, caring for them and just looking at them really takes me out of my head.

One of the people I bought from offers freebies, but they didn't have any species I was interested in, so a friend of mine chose a P sazimai.

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
So far I've gotten an A. seemanni, A. chalcodes, was VERY generously gifted. a N. coloratovillosus sling by another member (THANK YOU!) and ordered a Lasiodorides polycuspulatus. The Nhandu and the LP are both waiting for the weather to suck a bit less before shipping.
I don't think I'm done yet though. (ETA: I forgot the free T. albo sling....so yeah.....)

My SO picked up a bunch of acrylic boxes at Target last night. It's a sign!

Last edited:

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think I can blame quarantine, lots of down time, and Animal Crossing for getting back into spiders. I just had a juvie cherry red S. subspinipes prior to this, but virtual bugs just didn't scratch that itch right. Ordered a 5" female T. stirmi, 4" female T. albo, and got a freebie C. vonwirthi sling. Also picked up some mantids (including an orchid). Tempted to get more but it's expensive to order online now. Having vague thoughts of hitting up some old friends and seeing if they still have any of my old collection and wanna sell though. I miss my old T. albo and first A. chalcodes.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Am I the only person who's downsized their collection slightly during this madness? :rofl:

I sold off a few males recently, haven't made any purchases for about 3-4 months.

scooter1685

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Versicolor slings just arrived a couple hours ago. Tiny little blue fuzzballs, exploring their new enclosures. The tripepii and albo will ship next week, so I'm still looking forward to that :)

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Versicolor slings just arrived a couple hours ago. Tiny little blue fuzzballs, exploring their new enclosures. The tripepii and albo will ship next week, so I'm still looking forward to that :)
I love N. tripepii. Beautiful species....love the strawberry-blonde fluff. I'm jealous! N. tripepii and N. coloratovillosus are my favorite Nhandus.

mellow

Arachnobaron
I want to get a Aphonopelma anax and a Aphonopelma chalcodes because they are awesome! and also to help get me through this mess.

theredsonja83

Arachnopeon
Just became a first-time "mama" of a Metallica Pink Toe because of this quarantine stuff. I had been watching other owners and reading for almost 6 months, finally decided it was the right time. Gives me other things to worry about, like "Am I doing this right". Her name is Covid.