Q> Appropriate B.Emilia Sling Substrate

will

Arachnopeon
Good day fellow invert enthusiasts. I just want to get your opinion regarding a sling's (b.emilia) substrate. Should I also keep it dry with occasional misting twice a week or keep it damp? Thanks.

• • •

I just got my b.emilia sling lately and when I first saw it, the delicup housing it contains a 'damp' substrate. The substrate (cocopeat) sticks together instead of an 'arid' type. I don't know if this IS the appropriate substrate for b.emilia species or it is only required while the species is still a sling. I'm not really aware if a sling's humidity requirement differs from a juvenile.

Right now, I placed my sling on a new delicup with a cocopeat substrate but in an 'arid' type setting. The substrate is fairly dry and when I mist it, I only spray the inner sides of the delicup and a little on the substrate.

Thanks arachnoboards! : )

RoseT

Arachnosquire
If youre gonna spray, spray directly on the substrate and careful not to get your T. Sometimes when you spray the plastic inner sides of the deli cup mold can create, and you def dont want that. Your set up sounds good for a sling, I dont see a problem with what youre currently using just keep in mind the bigger they start getting the dryer they like it..

will

Arachnopeon
...just keep in mind the bigger they start getting the dryer they like it...
Now this is the one that I've been looking for. ;) Thanks a lot mate. I'll also take note of the spraying method. :)