Pzb

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Hi

I'm now looking to get a Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalaestrus campestratus). However when searching about t's on line I came across Paraguay Pink Stripe Tarantula (Eupalaestratua campestratus). They both come with a variety of different names lol. Are these the same tarantula??

Cheers

Zoe
xx

ryancreek

Arachnopeon
If they share the same scientific name - it's the same tarantula! .... Unless someone screwed up and misidentified a specimen.

Always stick with the scientific name - never go by the so called common names. People come up with all kinds of funny names for creatures, but in biology, they usually only use one since it eliminates all this confusion. The scientific name is the REAL name and only applies to one species (except in rare cases where even scientists are a little unclear).

Some other examples why you should stick with scientific taxonomy and classification and not the common/pet store names: "Mexican Redrump", "Mexican Black Velvet", and "Mexican Beauty" are all names used for Brachypelma vagans. "Brazilian White Knee" could mean Acanthoscurria geniculata or Acanthoscurria brocklehursti. "Pink toe" could be one of several different pink toe species. "Mexican Bloodleg" and "Mexican Fireleg" - easy to get confused right? Well those also are very different species. Aphonopelma chalcodes is sometimes called "Mexican Blonde", "Desert Blonde" or "Western Desert Tarantula". There are many other examples as well. I think you get the point.

Last edited:

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Yes, I get your point :razz: However, these 2 seem to have slightly different scientific names too! I just want to make sure I buy the one I want and not end up getting a species thats only for the experienced lol

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A quick google search shows the slight difference in the scientific name with it being just the last few letters. however it seems to be the same T.
Eupalaestratua
Eupalaestrus

and wikispecies, which seems legit enough, has no listing for Eupalaestratua.

Nature81

Arachnopeon
Yeah thats what I figured. Better to be safe though eh? :)

Thank you everyone

Zoe
xx