PZB, 'T-blood', and pics of a fixed T! (info on T-bruises for those who want..)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello

Alright, so checking on the last E.campestratus (Pink Zebra Beauty) i bought from Art, i noticed she had a little cut or bruise... i don't know from what, but i'm thinking she just fell. I raised the substrate even more, so its all good now..

anyways, I had a couple of shots left on my dig cam, so i figured this would be a good time to snap some pics of fixing up a bruised T for those who have never seen it or done it before...

So here we go!

the first pic is of her little bald butt, but then i noticed on her back right leg, a little drop of T-blood (hemolymph)...

peace,
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
second is abetter shot of the hemolymph.. you'll notice is a clear/soft blue-ish viscous-like fluid..

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
another shot of it (back right leg, remember, it just looks like a little drop)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here she is, sitting pretty, just letting me fix her up (a dab of superglue on my own applicator.. don't have any 'nu-skin' left). Its cool though, she wasn't on the run.... normally she's on the go, but not now...

she didnt really budge that much

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
pretty much finished up! You can see all the action goin on near the tip of the instrument...

so there you go. its really easy, though there's a bunch of different ways to do it. Not really informative, more with the pics! :)

peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
wow, very interesting. what a good girl to sit so still while you care for her.

good to know, thanks.

does nuskin typically dry faster than superglue and is it safer/easier to use/apply?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I seriously half took these shots for you skadi :) i figured you'd dig em!

as for drying quicker, i'm not too sure.. i never really check, so.....

i think as long as your not jamming the product into the T, and just using it superficially, it shouldnt be too bad.

i'm not too sure, though. maybe a sales rep from nu-skin who happens to be on here could answer that for us :)

peace
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
thanks dude, it's appreciated. if i ever have to help a T, i'll feel much better about it.

oh, i finally got the PZB sling to eat. however, she remains burrowed and i care for dirt. she is giving me fits. :p little beasty, i love her.

i know she's just torturing me to make sure she has me wrapped around her little pedipalp so i love her more than all the others. (grin)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice :) my adults don't tend to burrow, but the young ones are freaking crazy...

its like a labrynth in his/her little cage -- s/he's almost excavated the whole bottom with 3 openings.. i need to switch him/her into a new a cage, so its cool..

but some of them do burrow like heck...
glad she's eating.. i know you were holding your breath :)

night!
dave

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i was doing that and clutching everything that wouldn't escape around me for support. (grin)

lol.

yeah, i feel much better now. she has little excavations like she's exploring some ancient Egyptian dig.

perhaps i'll give her a fitting Eqyptian name...nice. :)

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I had my P. murinus leaking some blood too. The wound also was on it's leg, and I decided to do nothing about it, since there was just one drup of blood on it, and it wasn't leaking anymore then.
2 days later it all dried up, and it's happy again now :).

Dennis

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah,

i mean if its a little drop i don't think its anything real big to worry about.
i patched my girl up, cos you just never know. I've never really noticed just a small bruise like that on the leg.. normall on the abdomen or something...

anyways

peace
dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice pics dave! I dropped one of my tarantulas(I felt so bad:( )a couple of weeks ago while showing them off to a few of my cousins, and it had a small leak like yours did. The only thing I had was bottle of clear finger nail polish with glitter and had to use that. Now everyone that sees the little bugger thinks I sprinkled it with glitter.=D

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nicely done Dave.
I recently had a problem with my P murinus - it must have fallen awkwardly in the tank and damaged both back legs. One was leaking but the peat substrate clotted it nicely. The other leg however, was almost severed and leakingbadly, so I removed it. He's making a great recovery. :)

Good pics. :)

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice! Glad to hear the legs off but the Ts doing well.. lets see some pics of the murinus! :) How big is it?

my little murinus sling pulled its leg off for some reason (i think) i checked it last week and saw the little leg flicking around a bit -- i guess it had just happened. all is good though.

i also figured the substrate would make a pack over the cut...
but couldnt pass up an opportunity to show the PZB that flicks at anything (usually).. gotta love those bald butts :)

jwb-- did you just dab the nail polish on with the brush,or what?At least it looks hip i guess? :)

peace
dave

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just used the little brush that came with the polish and it worked like a charm.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
strange how the "blood" is in a non segment of the leg........does it look as if the leg was perforated in some manner or something?
out of curiousity are there any enclosure decorations that could have done that?
Ed

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello

jwb-- have you always used nail polish?

and ed- nope, nothing else except the water dish, which is pushed down into the substrate and the little half bark hide.

im figuring that she just fell on one of those.
i dont have any decorations in any of the big cages..

although cork bark is alright, but i still haven't found a place to buy some around here. soon....

except for my arboreals... they get some extra stuff.

i couldn't see anything too discernable on the leg, so i just patched it up...

but i think she was just climbing one night and fell down...

later
dave

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i know! i feel like i never use nu-skin but whenever i need it i'm out of it. i gotta keep tabs on that stuff..

consequently i caught my girl in a situation. i now am pretty sure how she bruised herself
pce
dave