PVA Glue for Background

Adra

Arachnopeon
Hey, I recently acquired a P. Metallica about 10cm. When it arrived, I was setting up the background styrofoam with a non-formalin PVA Glue layer to dust some dry substrate on it and I might have rushed it since the pokie arrived before the enclosure was fully done. I'm wondering whether PVA Glue is dangerous or toxic for the spider?

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
PVA is pretty safe, and it's water based without a scent so you should be fine. If the enclosure has a high humidity, then it won't fully dry and that could be an issue. I would personally recommend epoxy, since it's durable and waterproof, plus once it cures it's fairly safe.

Adra

Arachnopeon
PVA is pretty safe, and it's water based without a scent so you should be fine. If the enclosure has a high humidity, then it won't fully dry and that could be an issue. I would personally recommend epoxy, since it's durable and waterproof, plus once it cures it's fairly safe.
PVA and PVAC are the same thing right? it does give off some kind of vinegary smell but its dissipated since I set it up, about 5 hours ago..

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
I believe so, although the scent seems strange to me since PVA is water based. As long as it doesn't have a strong scent anymore you should be fine though.

Adra

Arachnopeon
I believe so, although the scent seems strange to me since PVA is water based. As long as it doesn't have a strong scent anymore you should be fine though.
Great, thanks for the response

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
As stated even once cured PVA can be water soluble, may cause an issue if enclosure is moist.

Adra

Arachnopeon
As stated even once cured PVA can be water soluble, may cause an issue if enclosure is moist.
I see, so I guess the only option is to let it be and in the future use epoxy? still lingers some vinegary smell but its barely there now

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
NEVER use PVA Polyvinyl acetate or PVAc poly ethenyl-ethanoate glues where there is poor ventilation and moisture is often present. They can easily harbor fungi and algae, yeasts, lichens, and bacteria can degrade it.