purple bloom tarantula care

donal

Arachnopeon
does anyone know of any care sheats for this tarantula i got one almost free iv search google but cant find much on it only a few pictures and conflicting reports on its care the litle bit there was and could not even find its size ect any help would be apreciated

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A scientific name or a pic would help id your spider.

Last edited:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A good shot of Osmocote might prolong the blooming period but don't overdo it. Nah, but other than that I have absolutely no clue what spp, let alone what genera we're talking about here. Pamphobeteus, Phormictopus, Viola,.............? Good luck with it, though. :)

donal

Arachnopeon
sory for the late reply im 95% shure she/he is Xenesthis immanis going by pictures on the internet the legs are a bit thiner and its darker but this was the same with my rosy when she was younger its about 2" the bits iv read

psykoink

Arachnopeon
sory for the late reply im 95% shure she/he is Xenesthis immanis going by pictures on the internet the legs are a bit thiner and its darker but this was the same with my rosy when she was younger its about 2" the bits iv read
Xenesthis immanis is the Columbian Lesser Black Tarantula, Purple Bloom Tarantula is I believe Pamphobeteus insignis.

Chris

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Xenesthis immanis is the Columbian Lesser Black Tarantula, Purple Bloom Tarantula is I believe Pamphobeteus insignis.

Chris
Pamphobeteus insignis is Purple Bloom Birdeater, but the X. immanis has also been called the Colombian purple bloom.

Pics please.

donal

Arachnopeon
heres a pic prity shure its Xenesthis immanis but im no expert often pets end up in ireland under difrent names so they will sell faster heres a pic to be shure

Attachments

donal

Arachnopeon
no i dont he/she does seem a bit legy also the bulb seems a bit smaller than it should evan thow they are small on this speces the guy i got it off said it molted about 2 to 3 weeks ago it doesnt seem to try escape and wander like iv heared that males do

donal

Arachnopeon
just called the guy i got it off it he bought it as a female Colombian purple bloom in an exotic pet shop in dublin ireland the countrys capital so i presume its true will try duble check myself but can just about do it on my chilian rose and had to get a lot of help from pictures at that

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
no i dont he/she does seem a bit legy also the bulb seems a bit smaller than it should evan thow they are small on this speces the guy i got it off said it molted about 2 to 3 weeks ago it doesnt seem to try escape and wander like iv heared that males do
bulb? If it has bulbs on the ends of it's pedipalps it's a mature male.

QuantumGears

Arachnopeon
You should probably get rid of those rocks in its cage. They're more abrasive than normal substrate and could create health problems down the road.

donal

Arachnopeon
yes possably a male. i will read read read till i know for shure but what about its care ie what tempeture is best and how wet/dry the substrate
yes i ment the abdomen you might have been confused with the lack of prespective in the photo he is about 2.5 to 3 inches long from toe to toe
iv read 30C but that seems very high curently he is at 23c at the hotest part of the tank and the humidity is high 80%
and yes ill be taking out the pepels in the photo adin the right amount of substrate seal ing the gaps in the roof with mesh ect ect ect
but i need to know what it likes no point in making a desert tararium and then have to wet it all down or vica versa
i nead help with this as google has no ansers

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are the legs as blue as they appear in the picture? if so this is probably X. intermedia

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does look like MM Xenesthis immanis, also look pretty tired, possibly old or undernourished or dehydrated

donal

Arachnopeon
i no hes not in good condiion i got him like this less than a week ago with big tank and heat pad witch was way to small for 50E or around 60$ the owner was evan handleing him somthing i would never do and cant imagine posable now that the temp has been increased very nervos/agresive now the pebels are only on a small area of the tank and im going to fix all these problems i just need to know the ideal temp and how moist the soil should be my rosy is in tip top condition evry thing perfect after some theding problems
plese down on neas what are the ideal peramiters for this t or does any one know???