Purple Bloom? And a new LP!

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
My wife let me buy a LP sling I'm pretty excited. The person I got it from also has a few Pamphobeteus insignis or "purple bloom" I've never seen them and wondering if anyone has had experience with them

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Pamphobeteus insignis should be kept like any Pampho, damp but not wet. Just a little less moisture than a Theraphosa stirmi.

Last edited:

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I have a Pamphobeteus sp. "purple bloom" Ecuador and I absolutely love him(?). He's got a great feeding response and is out in the open almost all the time. While he is a little on the skittish side, I've never seen him throw a threat pose or kick hairs. He just retreats under his bark if I open the cage for anything other than feeding. The Pamphos are one genus where I don't mind having a male because they have such amazing colors!

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire
Thank you both for the replies I'll have to chat with the Mrs. and see how she feels about another 8 legged child

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you both for the replies I'll have to chat with the Mrs. and see how she feels about another 8 legged child
The nice thing with 8-legged children is you don't have to save for college and they won't borrow your car, stay out past curfew, leave dirty socks on the floor, whine when they don't get their way, or beg you to buy them lots of presents at Christmas - which they will play with for five minutes and then abandon in the back of the closet. They're so much easier to deal with than the two-legged variety!

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
The nice thing with 8-legged children is you don't have to save for college and they won't borrow your car, stay out past curfew, leave dirty socks on the floor, whine when they don't get their way, or beg you to buy them lots of presents at Christmas - which they will play with for five minutes and then abandon in the back of the closet. They're so much easier to deal with than the two-legged variety!
Don't even need to feed them every day! In the world of arachnids, feeding your "kids" only once every two weeks isn't child neglect :D Also, love pamphos. Some of the best genus IMO. Great feeding response, and either male or female you get a great T ;)

DrowsyLids

Arachnosquire

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I do not have one personally, but a friend of mine has a P. insignis and it's actually much more "friendly" than I had expected from general reading about them - great feeding response, a minimal amount of kicking, very rarely hidden and no threat poses (so far), and this is including a difficult rehousing for the T due to a shoddy packing job. They get decently big and are considered quick growers - I'd say definitely talk to the wife and see if you can take one (possibly two ;)) home!

As everyone here has mentioned - Ts are some of the easiest kids you can have (which, I suspect, is why my fiance has not put up a stink about my collection) :p