Purchased My 1st Old World T

MILKYTOAST

Arachnopeon
It was hard to even get a picture but my first old world is an sp. hati hati and I wish myself luck! After keeping 3 new worlds I've decided I should give it a try. I'm curious with people's experience with this species.

Attachments

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
They're very reclusive and you'll probably almost never see them, but when you do it's a treat! They're also amazing hunters and grab prey lightning fast. Give them plenty of substrate because they burrow a lot, but will also climb a piece of cork bark. Their growth rate is moderate-fast I'd say. I got my female about 6 months ago when she was around 1in DLS, and now she's about 2.25in DLS. They're also very skittish. Mine has never been aggressive or done a threat posture, and always sprints back to her burrow when disturbed. They need moist substrate in order to thrive. I use a curved tip syringe to inject water into the bottom layers of substrate.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It was hard to even get a picture but my first old world is an sp. hati hati and I wish myself luck! After keeping 3 new worlds I've decided I should give it a try. I'm curious with people's experience with this species.
You should have picked a different genus IMO, like Ceratogyrus among others.

It’s a faster locality no doubt.

Irithyllian

Arachnosquire

I myself picked one up just a couple weeks ago!! I just had a chilobrachys elec blue deliver in the mail just the other day, but I’m excited for the hati hati too!

Old worlds are nice, don’t let them intimidate you, a few things I’ve learned here is about all T’s old and new world are all fast, in fact a thread I made some of the vets on here insisted a couple new worlds and even true spiders can blow the doors off of old worlds in terms of speed. Old worlds just seem much more likely to run. 😂😂 that said buying a sling is nice, you get to grow your experience as they grow too. One tip I wish I knew before, any rehousing and the like do in your bathtub, with the drain covered. I had a M balfouri sling escape during a rehouse and lived in my recliner for 3 days till I box cuttered the thing.

Ps. I regret to say, that butchered chair is still being used with a massive blanket covering the corpse of itself. 😱😱😂

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Please try and use the full latin names when referring to species, "sp. hati hati" is not a correct way to refer to this species. Chilobrachys sp. Hati Hati is.

@Irithyllian Hahahah I remember that recliner episode :lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I would have waited a bit, but good luck.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Aren't they Cyriopragopus?
Yes. Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati, Omothymus sp Hati Hati, and Orinothoctoninae sp Hati Hati are all synonyms for the same undescribed species.

@MILKYTOAST, not the best first Old World IMO. In addition to the OW speed, attitude, and venom potency, C. sp Hati Hati is also a moisture dependent species. They need moist, deep soil and adequate ventilation. It adds a bit to the challenge, but the challenge isn't insurmountable. You just need to do a bit of research and pay a little more attention to them. I've detailed the husbandry methods for the moisture dependent species in my collection here:
https://arachnoboards.com/threads/l4nskys-methodology.343787/post-3161927