Pulling the P. ornata sac

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thought I would give a update...and not a good one. The p. ornatas molted into 1st instars and where a lot smaller than my previous 1st instar Ornatas (just a observation). Well They all passed away but 1. :( I have seen something like this with P.irminias but not that many passed away. I am guessing it was genetic.

tass

Arachnopeon
Thought I would give a update...and not a good one. The p. ornatas molted into 1st instars and where a lot smaller than my previous 1st instar Ornatas (just a observation). Well They all passed away but 1. :( I have seen something like this with P.irminias but not that many passed away. I am guessing it was genetic.
That sucks man, good luck next time!

tass

Arachnopeon
It does happen, I have another Gravid female but she will not drop LOL!!!
Whisper some dirty things into her ear you might get her in the mood, and I wish you would have some T's for sale already so I can buy some.

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Really sorry to hear that Rob.
Last year I had 2 females mated from the same male, and the male was passed on to another female. All three managed successful sacs, but at stage 1 ewls the maximum each female succeeded was 20 slings, with numbers of 10 and 5! Not knowing the history of the male Im inclined to believe there may have been an issue, perhaps related to genetics, feeding regime etc.
Good luck with your other sacs.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Really sorry to hear that Rob.
Last year I had 2 females mated from the same male, and the male was passed on to another female. All three managed successful sacs, but at stage 1 ewls the maximum each female succeeded was 20 slings, with numbers of 10 and 5! Not knowing the history of the male Im inclined to believe there may have been an issue, perhaps related to genetics, feeding regime etc.
Good luck with your other sacs.
I have to agree...the MM I used was VERY old!

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I am totally shocked to hear about this! This is the first i have heard of 1st instars just dropping off like that. Im very sorry to hear about your loss Rob. Makes me wonder about my own projects. :? Thanks for the information and keen observations. :)

GregorSamsa

Arachnosquire
So cool! Thank you for sharing! Love your vids :)

Edit: Ugh, sorry for the loss :( Hope that one little guys a tough one @ least. Bummer.