Pulled more eggsacs

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus brachycephalus - She has dropped 2 eggsacs previous to this. Both were dumped outside her webbing. Hopefully this one will go better. If not we have the other girl's eggsac that is 1st instar now.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Spoiler alert. It was infertile. This species hates me.

Poecilotheria miranda - These are the biggest eggs with legs I've seen from a pokie. Quite a bit of cannibalism relative to the other pokie eggsac though. Still, this is my favorite pokie so I'm quite pleased.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ceratogyrus brachycephalus - She has dropped 2 eggsacs previous to this. Both were dumped outside her webbing. Hopefully this one will go better. If not we have the other girl's eggsac that is 1st instar now.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens - Spoiler alert. It was infertile. This species hates me.

Poecilotheria miranda - These are the biggest eggs with legs I've seen from a pokie. Quite a bit of cannibalism relative to the other pokie eggsac though. Still, this is my favorite pokie so I'm quite pleased.

Superb work!!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
A buddy of mine, who breeds GBBs regularly says leaving the male for cannibalization helps with fertile sac production for some reason.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A buddy of mine, who breeds GBBs regularly says leaving the male for cannibalization helps with fertile sac production for some reason.
Oh the females of this species are fairly good at ensuring the male stays in there on their own. I have a few more shots this year to hopefully figure out what I'm doing wrong.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
wow. congrats on the pokies. im currently raisind my 1st p. reg sling and its goin good just have no patience lol. mirandas are my 2nd fav. so if you ever decide to part with one to a few i would love to purchase a few.. would be interesting to try a communal set up and observate

babypiggy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow congrats

one day i'll be sucessful in breeding t's

yer gonna be pretty busy with all these instars

did u pull the c.brachycephalus sac earlier than 30 days?
just curious.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow. congrats on the pokies. im currently raisind my 1st p. reg sling and its goin good just have no patience lol. mirandas are my 2nd fav. so if you ever decide to part with one to a few i would love to purchase a few.. would be interesting to try a communal set up and observate
I don't keep them all. If you're interested in a communal set up I have some P. pederseni that would work great.

wow congrats

one day i'll be sucessful in breeding t's

yer gonna be pretty busy with all these instars

did u pull the c.brachycephalus sac earlier than 30 days?
just curious.
I pull them at 5-10 days. They don't need to be rotated so they can be pulled earlier.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hmm interesting
is that for most t's or just the c.brachycephalus?
That is for Pterinochilus, Heteroscodra, Ceratogyrus, and others that make the hammock style eggsacs. They fix the eggsac to the top or side of their retreat and stand guard. The species the make the round eggsac and carry the eggsacs around during incubation are allowed to keep their eggs a bit longer (20-30 days depending on species). I let the moms get them to the post embryo stage (eggs with legs) and then I take the eggsacs and incubate them from that point.

J

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats on the two species that were fertile. That really sucks about the GBB! I hope next time works out for you.