Pulled a P. pederseni eggsac

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Excellent result, congrats.
I have a sac too which I noticed on 5 December after a 2 month gravid period.
I seem to remember you had quick turnarounds on your sacs. What was the timeframe for this one, please?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Excellent result, congrats.
I have a sac too which I noticed on 5 December after a 2 month gravid period.
I seem to remember you had quick turnarounds on your sacs. What was the timeframe for this one, please?
This one was nearly 3 months to the day from pairing to finding the eggsac. Typically it takes about 2-3 months for P. pederseni, P. regalis, P. fasciata, and P. ornata. P. striata seems to take a bit longer.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
then what am i doing wrong? i got a female that is hella huge, and even showing yellow during candle lighting. i bred her back in august and still nodda, not even any heavy webbing.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
then what am i doing wrong? i got a female that is hella huge, and even showing yellow during candle lighting. i bred her back in august and still nodda, not even any heavy webbing.
Switch her cage about. take her out, change the bedding, wash off the ornaments, and put her back. That seems to stimulate the eggsac production. Though it may be coincidental and have more to do with temperature changes in rooms delaying the eggsac.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sometimes they just don't drop, I have a female doing the same thing.....I then had another female drop a sac in 40 days!

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have a possibly gravid S rubronitens... I recently moved her into a different enclosure, which she seems happier with. I got her on 10-26-10. She does seem to be getting bigger in the behind. Thanks everyone for posting notes like above, it helps me a bit (though the possibility of 400-800 slings...shudder...) A part-time job in itself, isn't it!

Marga

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sometimes they just don't drop, I have a female doing the same thing.....I then had another female drop a sac in 40 days!
well i try to simulate the natural weather changes and right now shes rather warm and humid. i have her sitting around 80-83 during the day with 60-70% humidity and at night the temps drop to 73-75 and the humidity stays the same. She ate the male after breeding which put a nice size butt on her, but that has grown since then as well which leads me to believe the breeding went well. she has signs of yellowing when i put a bright light up to her abdomen. I cleaned her cage before the breeding...and she hasnt really done any webbing in there, just a tiny bit at the top of the tube that she resides in.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a possibly gravid S rubronitens... I recently moved her into a different enclosure, which she seems happier with. I got her on 10-26-10. She does seem to be getting bigger in the behind. Thanks everyone for posting notes like above, it helps me a bit (though the possibility of 400-800 slings...shudder...) A part-time job in itself, isn't it!

Marga
I wouldn't be too worried about that with S. sp. "rubronitens". Mine haven't had that large of eggsacs. They seem to be one of the species with less but larger eggs.