pulchra questions

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
first off, is $20 good for a 1 inch sling?

second, how many years is this thing gonna take to grot to maybe 4 inches or so

thanks for teh help

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I personally think that $20 is good for a sling. If you check around at the full grown ones they are costly. Unfortunately I can't tell you how long to get it at 4" since the one I have is only 1 1/2" and in pre-molt. I can tell you this, it's a super good eater!

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Paladin
first off, is $20 good for a 1 inch sling?

second, how many years is this thing gonna take to grot to maybe 4 inches or so

thanks for teh help
20 seems a fair price. it will take years, dependant on how much you feed your slings and temps you keep them at for them to get to 4" I would say 3 to 5 years easily before they become mature.
Ed

Cyprinus01

Arachnopeon
Hi Paladin

I've one myself (male juvenile). It's certainly a great spider to buy, but I it's also a very slow growner and a eating machine :p .
I don't know precise how long it takes to reach 4 inches (because I bought my male about 6 months ago), but I heard story's that this beauty can live 20/30 years...(donno if it's treu).

Good luck with the sling !!

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
$20 is a fair price!!!

good luck, they're great Ts :)

peace
dave

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
20 Dollars is excellent for a Pulchra sling. I think the funniest thing I ever saw was a cricket giving my G. pulchra an immature male cricket threat posture as he bobbed forward and backward in front of her. It was so effective he accomplished getting himself jumped and eaten by her.

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have one that I've had for 2 months. She was just under 2", and is now right around 2". So, she seems to be quite the slow grower. And yes, she has a voracious appetite, crickets don't stand a chance around her. I heard they have the same fasting problems as rosies, but I'm not seeing anything like that from the responses. These are excellent Ts. :)

Bry

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A year ago, $20 would have been a freaking excellent price. Today it's only a fair price, but that is a fair price.

Like most Grammostola, they're pretty slow growers so Atavuss's estimate of 3-5 years is probably close for maturity. I'd say 2 years would be an absolute minimum going by the growth rates for my small slings in the times I've had them.

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have got G. pulchra sling :) It is really great eater but it takes almost forever for this species to molt :eek: =D

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
When I got mine 12/7/2001 it was 1 1/8 inches. The last time that it molted which was 1/3/2003, the exoskeleton measured 4 inches. There were 4 molts between the first and the latest for a total of 6 in my care.

Scott