Pulchra "moody"

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi

I have a bigger Pet Pal cage for my Pulchra and the other day I opened up the lid and s/he ( about 3 inches) ran up close to the lid that I had opened up and was about 4 inches from the opening and when I poured in water into the waterdish s/he attacked the waterbeam, it just went with a "splash" and s/he moved back to the same place in no time with the abdomen lifted upwards into the air.

Hmmm I thought,, hungry maybe, s/he has just eaten once since last molt 5 days ago and I threw a cricket in there and it was one Usambara-ferious attack and cricket was gone.:D

I have noticed one thing with my Pulchra now when I have had the h/er/im for awhile and that is that s/he has a "temper", s/he allways comes up when I make any "noise" around the the cage , i.e. when I open it up and so on and it mostly with "butt" up in the air.

It's going to be interresting to see how "docility" ( what a word) applies when s/he is a little bit older:)

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeap.... I got a rosie that has a bit of a chip on her shoulder. She gets after that water too and doesn't like my forcepts either when getting cricket legs out.... She has never shown the full threat... nor has she ever kicked hairs at me, but she sure stands her ground when your in her "personal space"...

Bob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Kenny,
I bought a 6 inch female G. Pulkra a few months ago and when I brought her home and was opening the cage to move her, she freeked out and tried to bite me, ran across the floor. I thought maybe this spider was a mistake in buying but after feeding her and letting her calm down is now fine. I still pick her up with gloves on because she still is a little nervous but you might need to give it a few weeks to calm down.

Bob

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My son's pulchra does the butt in the air thing but we just scoop her up anyway and she settles right down. It's pretty cute to see them pitching attitude though. :)

Atrax